Chapter 54 | Blow A Kiss, Fire A Gun

Start from the beginning

Number three, graduation. It was just a week ago and I'm sure the memory will always be fresh in my head. Everyone had their own way of dealing with their nerves since we were all so excited to finally graduate and get our high school diplomas but all the jitters went away when someone said the management got wrong sizes. We put the crowd on black Friday sales to shame as everyone ran towards the gowns to get the right fit for themselves before it was gone. After a lot of yelling and threats from the principal, we realized that nothing was wrong. Apparently some Junior pranked us. The ceremony was delayed another hour just so that we could all look decent but of course, the fun didn't end there. There was one more "goal" left and Harry did the honors by shouting, "The floor is lava" when he went on stage to receive his diploma. He jumped onto the principal while the entire graduating class sprang up to their seats and even some of the parents who were cool enough to do it. Eventually the principal said that we could only really graduate if we promised to quietly sit down and let the ceremony finish. The fact that he could still keep us from graduating was enough to make us behave but even then the ceremony ended by the time the sun was setting.

So here are my top three moments that I never thought I would be writing. And to anyone who is lurking through my things, I hope you realize that things can change for the best if you surround yourself with good people.

I was such a liar; pretending everything was okay in my life just for the sake of a good diary entry that had no importance. But then again, I needed to focus on the good. I sighed to myself as I closed the diary and placed it back in its hiding spot.

Things only changed for the worse after spring break. Bellamy and I took a break from 'dating' when we got back together, he was distant and I wondered if this was really the end of our relationship. I would've pondered on that thought much longer if my eyes hadn't fell on the time on the clock. We were hosting a party and I had to help set up.

I went downstairs and a pack of booze was immediately dropped into my arms. "That needs to go in the chillers I set up in the backyard." Chris instructed.

I nodded my head and went to the back. Brianna was already filling them up while Eliza asked what to do with the food. I didn't know how much hassle planning a party would be until the time finally came. Luckily I had Brianna who did all the work or at least order what had to be done.

"Blake?" I heard her say. I turned my head towards her as I opened up bottles of Jack Daniel's. "Where's Bellamy, we could use an extra helping hand?"

I shrugged my shoulders and turned away. I hadn't talked to him since two days. I heard Brianna sigh loudly before standing next to me. "Bri, what if he breaks up with me?" I said quietly, trying to keep my emotions away.

"Hey, don't say that." She said before hugging me, my breath hitched and I hugged her tightly. "You know what, he told me he's coming. It completely slipped my mind." I pulled away from her.

"Why wouldn't he tell me?" I asked as a frown appeared on my face.

Brianna shifted her weight from one foot to the other as she furrowed her brows. "He said he had a surprise. Now get back work."

I watched her saunter into the house and thought about what she said. Did Bellamy really have a surprise for me? I didn't think about anything else as I waited for him to come to my house. There was an unsettling feeling in the pit of my stomach which I ignored by downing a fair amount of alcohol. I tried to stay near the entrance of the house but that was impossible since I was dragged inside the house not long after I was waiting by the door.

I managed to sneak a few texts to Bellamy, without my sober brain telling me not to. I was growing curious of what surprise he had for me and no matter how much I asked Brianna, she wouldn't spill. Even when drunk. I checked my phone for the umpteenth time and stared at the screen, waiting for a message to pop up. When nothing happened, I shoved it back in my pocket and looked around.