Chapter 1 | Take A Picture, It'll Last Longer

My life took a turn when my dad finally admitted to me that he was dying. I had been completely oblivious to his situation and not until he passed out in front of me, did I realize that a lot was wrong with his health.

You might have heard a phrase that goes like good girls are actually bad girls or shit like that, well I can definitely be an example for that. So what did daddy's little girl do when he told her he didn't have much more time to live? She went down the deep end.

I walked into my own death and screwed a lot of people because of my poor decisions but no decision is the right one when you're high and drunk.

I saw my mother and my twin sister for the first time ever at my dad's funeral. I was absolutely horrified by what was going on which was why I had my so called boyfriend give me enough weed that would last the entire day. I was high but I still remembered everything, even though I never did usually. I just stood by the grave and watched closely as the ceremony took place. People tried to talk to me but I was senseless. I was leaning against Trace who kept me in control from doing something I would regret.

Even when my mom tried to talk to me, I didn't respond. It was too much to for me. Apparently parents had divorced when we were kids and went their separate ways but I knew dad missed her. The woman I had to call my mother but I promised to myself that I would give her a chance. Whatever the circumstances were, I was ready to look over them and start new and fresh.

I needed a fresh start. I needed to start new. I needed to keep the demons away from me.

From the west coast to the East, the drive was incredibly long but I had enough time to sober up and prepare myself for a change. Every time I needed a smoke or something else to keep the sad emotions at bay I would shove my mouth with candies. I always had a sweet tooth and now that I finally had a chance at a new life, I wasn't going to waste it. I nearly ended up dead once, I wasn't going to do it again.

My Aunt kicked me out but graciously killed my mother to take me in. She didn't hesitate at all which I was thankful for. Hopefully, I won't screw this up.

I entered the town she lived in and drove around searching for her house until I admitted to being lost. I called Brianna who told me to meet her at park that was too big to miss. I laughed and followed her directions.

"Hi," I greeted her as both of us got out of our cars. She smiled brightly just like she did when we FaceTimed a few days ago. I smiled back and we both pulled in for a hug.

"Hey! It's so good to finally see you again! You have no idea how long I've wanted this." She told me.

"Yea, it's not everyday you find out you have a twin sister." I said.

"I know we're not identical but I think we can still try something out and fool people." She chirped.

I nodded my head at her idea jokingly. "I'm sure we can." I said.

"Alright then, let's go home. Just follow me." She said and I agreed.

The drive was super short and I felt like an idiot for not finding the gigantic mansion before.

I stepped out of my car and admired that house that stood before me.

"Remember anything?" Brianna asked hopefully.

I shook my head. I was it looked familiar but it didn't. "Nothing, I guess I just have a really bad memory."

"And here I was hoping you'd be the smart twin." She laughed.

When she opened the door of the house, it took everything in me to not jumped back.

"Surprise!" A bunch of strangers yelled. They had balloons and a welcome home banner was hanging off the ceiling. Light music playing in the background.