Chapter 6 - Emily

"Do you need me to get you some water?" I pat her back as she heaves into the bowl in front of her, I have a fairly decent stomach but I can't do vomit. I scrunch my nose as I turn my head to the side trying to block out the noise.

"No, no water." Mae slouches against the wall behind her and closes her eyes, wiping her mouth with some toilet paper. "It'll just come back up. Just...just give me a minute. I'm tooootally fine." She slurs her words as she sits there slumped against the wall.

Yeah I've heard that before. I roll my eyes and notice Mae start to slide down to the side; I quickly lean over and pull her back up straight.

"Mae, you need to stay awake hun. Stand up, let's get you home." I stand up and grab ahold of both of Mae's wrists and attempt to pull her to her feet. I get her halfway up and her feet slide forwards between mine, throwing me off balance and I fall into the wall in front of me as she lays on the ground underneath me laughing.

Oh god, this isn't working. I need a sober person. I think as I look down at her on the floor.

"I don't want to go, Emily. I want to stay here." She pouts and looks up at me.

"My name isn't Emily, its Riley. Come on drunky, let's go." I take a different approach this time. I carefully step over her and stand at her head, squatting down I push on her shoulders and get her into a sitting position. I lean against her for a moment to get my balance, and I hook my arms underneath her armpits and lift up until we're both standing.

"I miss our fun times like this, Em. Why'd you leave me?" Mae is standing now but she rests her forehead against the stall wall. Her shoulders shake up and down and I realize she is now crying.

From laughing to crying in 5 seconds. Hashtag drunk girls everywhere. I laugh and put my hands on my hips, contemplating my options. I'm quickly sobering up due to the situation, but I still can't do this by myself.

"I need help so I'm going to get the guys. Don't move." I point my finger at her and she nods in agreement, even though shes facing away from me.

I walk out into the club and scan the area for the guys, I finally spot them sitting at one of the leather couches in the sitting room. I make my way over and they both stand when I get close to them.

"So, she's super drunk and I think she's gonna pass out at any moment. She's laughing one minute and crying the next, and she has no idea what my name is. I need backup." Austin and I chuckle as Kane rolls his eyes and heads towards the bathroom.

I crack the door and poke my head in; calling out in case there are any other girls in here before ushering the two guys down the isle to the back stall. Mae is still leaning forehead first against the wall, but at least she's not crying anymore.

"Hey sweetie, we're gonna take you home. Okay?" Austin talks quietly to her and she nods her head. He puts one arm behind her shoulders and in a swift movement puts his other arm behind her knees and picks her up in his arms. I lean over and adjust the bottom of her dress so she doesn't flash everyone and he carries her outside to the car.

The ride back to the apartments was pretty much silent, except for Kane and Austin whispering something back and forth up front. I couldn't hear what they were saying, and Mae's head was in my lap or else I would try to lean closer to hear.

We got home and Austin brought Mae in his room and put her to bed, I went in and took her earrings out and took her shoes off. I know the dress she's wearing is cotton and pretty comfortable, so I opted out of trying to dress her in pajamas and let her be. Trying to dress and undress an unconscious drunken person is like wrestling an octopus.