Singapore Fling

2 January 2018:

I'm so fortunate to be typing this blog next to the infinity pool at Marina Bay Sands Hotel. The view is absolutely spectacular, especially more so in the early hours of the morning before the crowds start coming through. It seemed like the perfect spot to write this blog entry.

So much has happened since Zac and I boarded the plane after Christmas and headed for the delightfully steamy country of Singapore. Great news for not only myself, but also for my extended family.

First and foremost we came to celebrate my cousin Harry's wedding but we also ushered in a new year as well as celebrate our recent marriage.

Yes you read right

Yes you read right. Zac and I eloped and are now officially married. We actually signed the official papers before we left home and made the surprise announcement to our friends and family on 31 December 2017.

My Nan and family from London were all here with us in Singapore to celebrate Harry's wedding so we felt that it was appropriate to announce our own life event. We had originally intended to be married in December 2018 and it was a plan we held firm for a long time but as we watched the scans and the progress our little twins were making we felt that we wanted to be officially married before they made their grand entrance into the world.

Not that it would have mattered anyway. Families come in all shapes and sizes and Zac and I have a life long commitment to each other but it was something we did that felt right for us.

Other than weddings and celebrations of love we did manage to pack in quite a lot of sight seeing thanks to the well planned itinerary of my cousin Harry and his bride.

A few places we visited were Chinatown and the temple containing Buddha's Tooth Relic. We also visited the amazing Gardens by the Bay with its spectacular indoor flower display and rain forest.

We had breakfast with the orang-utans at Singapore Zoo and tapped into our inner childhood at Universal Studios on Sentosa Island.

Somehow through all that we still managed to laugh and eat lots of yummy food, shop excessively and generally enjoyed the company of my extended family. We witnessed Harry and his bride perform a traditional Chinese tea ceremony to pay their respects to their ancestors. It was lovely seeing my Nan and Uncle and Aunt getting involved in this timely tradition that honoured the brides heritage.

Amongst the busyness and obligation, Zac and I managed to find our alone time and just enjoyed the new thrill of calling each other husband and wife. For me, knowing that my twins were right there with me helping us celebrate made it all the sweeter.

So if you'd like to see more about what Zac and I have been up to, please follow my Instagram on @brittanyvivacious or Twitter on @britvivacious for photos and status updates. I haven't posted pics of the wedding though as they are very personal and not mine to share but Harry and his new wife accept your congratulations with a hearty thank you.

So this is our last night here in Singapore before we head home and back to reality. Plans for tonight? I don't know. Maybe order room service and enjoy the spectacular view from our room.

 Maybe order room service and enjoy the spectacular view from our room

Till next time. Wishing everybody a Happy New Year and all the best for 2018. I know my year has started with a bang. Hope yours has too. Thank you for following me on my life journey. I appreciate the support of each and everyone of my readers/followers. 😀
Brittany xoxo