Chapter 11

I woke up clutching my chest. I checked my surroundings. Home. Phew. It was all a dream. I'm home. All that vampire and werewolf shit was just a dream! Thank the moon!

"Ella... Oh thank God you're awake!!" My brothers voice called from beside me. I looked at him. He looked like death. It's like he hasn't slept in days .

"Ella?" My father croaked. He was at the bottom of my bed. He walked to the side, sitting on my bed. He pulled me in to a hug. "Ella I'm so glad you're OK! Why did you leave?"

"What?" I asked. I was totally bewildered. I looked down at my clothing. I was still wearing the outfit I had worn when I went to the woods. They were filthy and I looked like I had been attacked by some animal.

"Ella, I found you in the woods. You were lying by some tree. You were gone for hours by the looks of it. You were on the brink of death! I brought you home where father was freaking out that you weren't here. We fixed you up though, what happened out there?" My brother said, his voice shaking like he was afraid of what I might say next.

"All I remember is going to the woods to have some alone time and then, like, out of nowhere a wolf came up and I tried to run and I even climbed up a tree but it got me. Because of the blood loss I guess I fell and well... Yeah I guess you guys know the rest?" I replied.

My father hugged me tighter, being careful not to hug too tight. He was treating me like a fragile little girl again. No. I can't have this. He did this when mother died, when I first had been attacked by a wolf. He can't keep doing this when something bad happens to me!

"You've been out for a damn month Ella. Asleep for a month! I was going crazy and ended up hunting in anger for what that damn wolf did to my precious baby girl!" My father sobbed in my neck. Oh daddy...

So I was right then. All that. Aiden, Alex, it was a dream. The werewolves, the vampires, the things with red eyes, that guy who had supposedly saved me and hurt me and left tattoos on me and, oh sweet baby Jesus. Aiden. He was a dream? Alex, a dream? The whole thing was a dream.

I guess relief washed over me that it wasn't real. That none of it truly was. But I was upset. I wanted some of it to be real. I wanted Aiden to be real. I even wanted Alex to be real but now that I really think about it, I'm not all that bothered about Alex. Yeah he was a hunk and all and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't attracted to him but, I just felt something for Aiden that I know I won't feel with Alex.

"Daddy..." I whispered.

"Hush darling. Once you're all healed and perfect once again," he brought up my arm, rolled up my sleeve and kissed the scars I earned many years ago, "I will train you. I'm not leaving this damn world without knowing that both of my children can defend themselves and take good care of themselves without me. I'd rather spend eternity getting tortured in hell than leaving you both defenceless."

My brother and I nodded in agreement. I couldn't help the tears springing free and rolling down my cheeks. My father kissed my temple and wiped away my tears with his fingers. He stroked my hair and there it is. A father's unquestionable love. My father's unquestionable love that I thought was long gone after what happened so many years ago, has shown itself to me once more. It's a heart-warming experience.

"Well let's get the sleeping angel in the bath then," my brother joked. My father nodded. He got up from my bed, walking over to my bathroom. He opened the door and started running the water to make me a bath. Oh no. My father is running me a bath... I know what this means!

No. I refuse. I'm not letting my brother and father see me butt naked and CLEAN me!! I'd be damned. I'd be scarred for life!! THEY ARE NOT WASHING ME!!