Chapter 19

I felt the world crash around me.

"For now." The words were echoing around my skull. The man kept talking but I barely paid attention.

"We will have to keep a close eye on you... May effect the relationship with your wolf..."

I couldn't cope. What does he mean? What on earth is he talking about?

Quietly, I used my claws to break the leather straps and I climbed off the table silently while his back was still towards me. I padded over to the door and ran out. I didn't know where I was or where on earth I was going. Something feels off about this place.

It's like an animal testing centre and I don't want to stay here any longer than I have to. This place is giving me the ultimate creeps. The walls in the corridor matched the one in the creepy room I had just escaped from. Over some doors, there were white metal bars - the paint was peeling and the metal was already rusting away - which reminded me of prison cells.

What is this place? What did that creep mean? Where is the way out? Why am I-

I'm naked... I'm butt fucking naked running through an unfamiliar place. Surely, my life cannot get any worse than this. It was excruciatingly cold down here too. I was pretty sure my body was going to turn blue and if I didn't escape, I would surely die from hypothermia

"Ella. Come back! I need to do more tests. You're unlike any other werewolf I've seen!" His voice ricocheted off the concrete walls. I winced when his voice reached me. 

I continued running, powering through the harsh cold. I had to escape. I had to get out of here. I don't want him to do anymore tests, I don't want him to study me as though I were some rare species just recently discovered and needed to know more about the biology and physics behind the creation of the animal. Thanks, but no thanks.

I heard clothes tearing and bones cracking. He's shifting. Oh no. I daren't even see what his wolf is like. A loud roar ripped through the air. A cold sweat stuck to my skin as I ran faster out of fear, only making me cold.

I heard his paws hitting the ground at an incredible speed. The sound of his running - or sprinting - echoed through the facility.

I tried to run faster but I couldn't. My legs were beginning to ache from the continuous running and I wasn't sure how much longer my body would be able to hold on. I had to get out of here, and soon. I don't want to spend another minute in this place.

Another roar. It sounds close but I daren't look back. He could be closer than I hoped, and that would just make me cry if he was actually closer than I wanted him to be. A door came into my sight and I pushed it, didn't budge, I pulled it, didn't budge. I looked around for anything that could open it. Fully aware he was getting closer. That's when I noticed the keypad.

Of course. The door had to be unlocked by a password. What is wrong with this scenario? It's like the moon goddess actually wants me to die. There's no where to go. No way to turn. I couldn't turn back because he's there, I can't go forward because of the door.

Wait. The door is made of glass. And I have super strength. I'm such an idiot. Who cares if it raises an alarm? I'm going to get myself out of this hell hole.

I swung my fist back and punched straight through the glass. With no scratch on me, I pulled cracked glass away. Enough for me to climb through. I jumped through the hole and continued running as soon as my feet touched the floor on the other side.

I don't know if I'm going deep into the facility or not. I've never been here. I don't even know how the hell I got here. One minute I was in the woods, next I'm here on a metal tray bed thingy.

I ran with everything I had left in me. It wasn't long until I heard him burst through the glass door. He's picked up speed. Soon he's going to catch up to me and probably maul me to death.

I heard him getting closer. His breath, his paws hitting the coarse metal and the saliva dripping down from his mouth. He began snapping his jaws and I knew immediately he was extremely close. What was I thinking? Nobody can outrun a werewolf.

I looked back. He was not a pack wolf. Pack wolves look exactly like normal wolves except larger.

He was skinny. Like an abused dog. His fur was thin and patchy. You can see all of his protruding bones as though he were being starved. This thing... I've seen these before. But where. Where have I seen-

"But daddy... What kind of wolf is this?" I asked. Pointing at the picture of a wolf. It looked horrid.

"That, my dear, is the wolf you do not want to come across." My father said darkly.

"Why not?"

"Because they are beasts. They are rogues. If you do come across these animals, run. Find safety. Run with all your might Ella."

"How come? What is so bad about these rogues daddy?"

"They take pleasure in causing pain on others. They are far more deadly than other wolves. They are slightly larger, their eyes are crimson red, the colour of blood they shed from other people. Their claws are longer..." He trailed off.

"It sounds like you are speaking from experience dad."

"That's because he is child." His best friend said proudly as he stumbled into the room. The man has a limp because of a bad hunting accident.

"Hush now. Don't say such things to her. She's only a child, Ericsson." My father demanded.

"She'll forget in time my friend." Ericsson insisted.

That's right. This man is a rogue. I remember now. The bloody red eyes... The sharp, yellowing teeth... The long claws as big as my hand...

I thought they were just rumours. Just a dream. But it's true. They exist. How is this-

How did I-

What happened to-

GROWL.