Chapter 43

Stella POV

"This is amazing!" I giggle, zooming around the Specialists, causing some of them to look dizzy.

Even after half an hour of "fighting" the Winx I was still overly excited about my powers.

"I'm guessing you really got your magic back then?" I hear Brandon call, trying to focus his eyes on me.

"Got it back?" I stop, "we're stronger than we were before! I feel ready to take down some wizards."

"Let's not get ahead of ourselves, Stell," Bloom shakes her head, "we are stronger but we need to make sure we can control it."

"Who cares?" I fold my arms crossly, "let's just go and shove those guys around with our magic!"

"Yeah, like we always do," Musa says sarcastically.

"Come on, we're stronger now! We can do it!" I yell enthusiastically.

"Okay, but we need to actually figure out where they are," Tecna pulls out her phone and hits a few buttons as usual.

"Hmm, we can't get back to the Black Circle, Flora was the one that took us there and the Wizards would have an advantage there. They know the place inside out and it's filled with dark magic," Bloom shudders, "but what if we set a trap to lure them out? Or even just Flora?"

"But how? They're smart, they can't be easily tricked so whatever the plan is it'll have to be good," Tecna mutters, not taking her focus away from her phone.

"We could try and lure Flora out by acting as if Miele is in danger somehow, but there's a huge chance that she won't care. We don't know what's going on in her head," Sky sighs.

That's a good idea, but he's right. She probably doesn't care about any of us anymore and what happens to us. I guess we could use it as a backup plan if we had to, I thought.

"Anything else?" Bloom asks and we all pause in thought.

I stare at the ground, determined to think of a solution, "what if-" I frown, "never mind, that wouldn't work."

"Well, they've targeted Gardenia a few times before. Maybe they'll show up there again?" Brandon suggests and I shrug.

"I suppose we could just wait for them to appear but we don't know how long we have before we lose Flora," Bloom frowns.

"So maybe we should just wait for them?" I wonder aloud.

"I guess that's the only option we have at the moment," Aisha sighs.

"Hey guys, check it out!" Tecna gasps in excitement and we all crowd around her phone screen and she enlarges it for us all to see.

"I downloaded something onto my phone which is supposed to allow you to track dark magic! I didn't think it would work, but look!" She points to flashing red dots on the screen.

"Wait, where is that?" I tilt my head in confusion and continue to study the dots.

"Well, I tried to track Alfea but, of course, there was no dark magic there so it took me to the closest place there," she pushes another button and the image zooms out and reveals a map of the area.

"Cloud Tower!" We gasp.

"Yes," Tecna nods, "it seems that I can search for dark magic in a specific area and it will show me. Unfortunately, I have to search the area and not the magic holder but I'm sure this can help us a lot. It also doesn't tell exactly who is on the map."

"Wait, how would you have access to something like this Tecna? You're basically tracking people! Is that even legal?" Riven scratches his head.

"Yes, it's legal, only because it takes a lot of magic to pull of a spell like this," she holds up her now glowing hands which tells us she's doing a spell, "and people such as the Wizards or Witches can't unlock it. It requires a specific time of magic like mine. Like I said, I didn't expect it to actually work, but here we are."

"Wait, magic has laws? Like, you can get arrested if you do certain things?" I give everyone a strange look.

"Everything has laws, Stella," Tecna explains, the only one not staring at me as if to say are you stupid? Or trying not to laugh.

"Stella, we had a whole semester on the laws of magic!" Bloom giggles, "don't you remember?"

I search my brain for a memory but frown and shake my head, "I must have been absent."

"For a whole semester?" Aisha laughs.

"Or doing something that wasn't studying," Musa laughs too, "like sleeping."

Everyone laughs and I can't help but crack a smile because I knew it was probably true.

"So, Tecna, if you search a certain area you can detect sources of dark magic? How can we use that to track the wizards?" Timmy asks.

"Well, I can let the phone do a continuous search of a certain area. With time I might be able to expand the area searched so we might be able to scan all of Magix, where is the most likely place they will attack next," Tecna explains.

"So, we scan Magix and then... wait?" I rest my chin on my hand, the thought of waiting in Magix for hours and hours just because there's a chance they might show up there is already boring me.

"It's our only option, Stella. It's a lot more accurate than waiting without it. We'd likely miss them if they were there and it means that we don't actually have to be there to track the area," she explains.

I sit up, "seriously? We don't need to wait in Magix?"

Tecna shakes her head, "nope. If Timmy lends me a hand we can set up multiple devices to track different areas. Gardenia, Linphea, Magix, anywhere the Wizards or Flora have links to."

I look around and everyone nods and agrees with Tecna's plan.

It's the only plan we have right now. We wouldn't be able to draw them out by tricking them, they'd see right through it and it's extremely unsafe.

"In the meantime we can all train! The Winx and I especially with out new powers and all," Bloom suggests and we all agree.

We all return to our schools thanks to the Specialists' ship, the five of us girls head straight to the Headmistress' office where she had previously returned from Linphea.

"Miss Faragonda!" We burst through the doors, causing her to jump in surprise.

"Goodness, girls! Tell me, how did it go?" Her eyes light up and we tell her the good news from Solaria.

"Excellent work, of course, I had no doubt in my mind you would do it," she smiles proudly at us.

"We have a plan," Bloom says and nods to Tecna, who explains the full plan to Miss Faragonda.

"Yes, good idea," she nods while studying Tecna's phone screen, "and this can track any source of dark magic?"

Tecna nods, "including our favourite Wizards."

The Headmistress nods again, "yes, this might just work. It would make sense for the Wizards to strike soon so it would make sense to track them. Then we will have the upper hand."

She stands up, her chair pushing back, "come with me girls. We must prepare, for I can sense this may be our final battle."