Chapter 39

Bloom POV

"Miss Faragonda!" I smile widely when I see the headmistress re-enter the hall.

"That was quick," Aisha stands up from her chair, "only about an hour."

"Yes, well, this mission is very important, without it you will never be able to defeat the Wizards of the Black Circle," she explains.

"So when do we leave for Solaria?" Stella asks excitedly.

"Well," Miss Faragonda pauses, "as soon as you're ready I suppose. Good luck."

"Yay! Let's go girls!" Stella says, rushing out the door before any of us have time to react.

"Well, I guess we're leaving now," Musa shrugs and we all laugh.

"She must be pretty excited to go home," I smile at her child-like excitement.

"-and then we can go to my bedroom and I can show you my pink shoe collection! I have a huge closet and then-" Stella rambles on and on as she rushes ahead of us.

"Stella! Focus on the mission!" Tecna says which brings her back to reality.

"Yeah, duh, but we could also have fun while we're there! We deserve it after all we've been through," she shrugs.

"Flora and the Wizards, Stella. We don't know when they'll strike again. I'm sorry, but we don't have time for anything else," I tell her.

She sighs, annoyed, "I guess so."

We pause when we hear the familiar sound of an engine high above our heads.

"It's the guys!" Stella jumps up and down excitedly. They land their ship and come out to greet us.

"Hey, Miss Faragonda sent us to accompany you on your mission. Minus Helia, of course, he's needed in there," Timmy says in his usual friendly manner.

"Cool," Tecna smiles at him.

"We could do with the extra help. Who knows what we're going up against on Solaria," I say.

"Yeah," I smile appreciatively at the guys, "for once I actually don't mind needing help."

We enter the ship and make our way to Solaria, talking about he mission.

"We're here!" Musa says as we land.

"Okay, so Miss Faragonda gave you guys a map, right?" Nabu asks.

"Yeah," Aisha nods and pulls out the crumpled piece of paper from her pocket.

"What the-" Riven says from behind us, "-it's empty!"

"Wh-what?" Aisha pulls the blank piece of paper close to her face and narrows her eyes to examine it.

"This has to be a joke!" Sky says, "no way would she give us an empty map."

"I don't understand," I shake my head.

"Tecna, can you call Miss Faragonda?" Musa asks and the technology fairy nods.

She whips out her phone and presses a few buttons. I still don't understand how to work stuff like that. Oh well, that's why we have Tecna.

"Miss Faragonda!" Tecna says as the headmistresses face pops up in front of us.

"Hello girls, I had a feeling you would be calling," she smiles at us.

"Why didn't you tell us the map was empty? It could have saved us a lot of trouble, you know!" Stella says.

"I knew that if I showed you it before you left you probably would have wanted to stay and figure it out before leaving. But we simply don't have any time to waste," she tells us.

"But why didn't you tell us? What are we supposed to do now?" Musa asks.

"Listen closely, all of you. The map will only appear once you have found the cave," she begins.

"But how are we supposed to find the cave?" Riven asks.

"Look for it," she says and laughs.

"But we can't search the whole of Solaria! That would take a very long time!" Stella says.

"Stella, since Solaria is your home it falls to you to lead everyone in this mission," Miss Faragonda says to Stella, "take the map, open it up and hold it out in front of you."

Aisha hands the map to Stella who holds it hesitantly in front of her, "okay, what now?"

"Try and connect with it. Use your magic within you and use your instincts to go where you think you should," the Headmistress says.

"Um, Miss Faragonda, I'm not sure I know what you mean," Stella continues to glance from the map and back to Miss Faragonda, confused.

"Stella, focus. I know you can do it," and with that Miss Faragonda disappears from in front of us.

"But I- I don't know how!" Stella yells and grabs Tecna's phone from her hand, desperately trying to call her back.

"Stella, maybe you should just give it a go. We don't have much of a choice," I sigh.

"Okay," she looks at it blankly.

"Try and use your instincts, Stell," I encourage her.

"But, I don't know! I can't just guess!" She says panicked.

"Just go where you think is right," Aisha says.

"Well-" she pauses and squints her eyes, "maybe over there?"

She points towards the forest. Everyone smiles in relief and I nod, "lead the way."

She hesitantly walks in front of us, looking at the map, to the forest and then back at us, "guys, are you sure this will work?"

We all sigh and mutter a "yes" and she continues to wander in front of us. In all honestly, I wasn't really sure myself. Miss Faragonda had given us a blank map and told Stella of all people to follow her instincts.

I still didn't understand, a blank map? It's almost as if she doesn't want anyone to find her! Well, that would actually make sense if she can grant wishes but still!

I looked towards the forest, thinking deeply, the map is just supposed to appear? It would take a very long time to just wander around the whole of Solaria!

I knew we didn't have that much time. Flora and the Wizards had already made their move. I shuddered, Flora and the Wizards? It sounds like she actually wants to work for them.

But we had to act fast, we didn't know when they would strike again and I didn't want to take any chances with Alfea and the Linphea magic college.

"Stella, we've been walking for at least an hour through these woods! Don't you have something?" Brandon asks her as she continues to lead the way.

I snap out of my daydream and turn to her, "yeah, surely you've got something?"

Stella shakes her head, "shhh, I'm concentrating!"