Chapter 14

Flora POV

Of course, with my luck, the nurse tells me I can't leave my room. I wait until Helia falls asleep and slowly take out the needles from my arms, having to look away and hold my breath.

Why do I have to hate needles so much? I grimaced.

I creep out of the room and into the hall. It seems to be late at night so nobody is around. I remember Helia told me all of us were in rooms next to each other so I go to the first door.

I look inside the small rectangle of glass and see Musa fast asleep and Riven is awake sitting facing her. I need to find a way to distract him. I look around and find the kids play area. I find a table with pens and paper.

Need help at the bar! Come as soon as possible! - Rick

I write five for each specialist and slip it under all the doors. I feel really bad but I need time with the girls.

The guys work at the bar at night a lot so they should believe it, I thought.

I hide around the corner behind a wall. Within a few minutes I hear all the doors open and close, then footsteps and chatter. I do a small victory dance in my crouched position.

The chatter soon fades and I enter Tecna's room. I decide to wake her up, because if the Specialists are quick coming back I probably won't have a lot of time with the girls.

"Tecna," I shake her slightly, "wake up. It's Flora."

"Flora?" She wakes up immediately and pulls me into a tight hug.

"I missed you so much but I don't have a lot of time before Helia realises I'm gone," I frown, "I had to be really sneaky leaving my room."

She giggles, "I never expected you to do something like that Flora. It's really not like you."

"Yeah, I guess not," I shrug, "but I guess I just really wanted to see you all. It's not fair that they didn't let us see each other sooner."

"Oh, I just noticed Timmy's gone! How did you get him to leave?" She laughs a little, "he's very clever so it would probably take a long and well thought out plan to get him to leave."

I giggle. She looks at me strangely, "what? What's so funny?"

"I slid a note under the door saying Rick wanted to meet with him," I continue to laugh and her eyes widen.

"He fell for that?" She looks taken aback which makes me laugh more.

"Yes, it was a really thought out plan," I tease and she rolls her eyes jokingly.

Next, I creep into Musa's room and she is already awake and sitting up.

"Nice one," she laughs, "I thought that was your handwriting."

I laugh too and hug her.

"How'd you get out?" She asks.

"He's a deep sleeper," I giggle.

After a long chat catching up with the music fairy I head into Stella's room.

"Flora? Is that you?"  She asks and sits up, her eyes widening in astonishment.

We hug and talk for a few minutes. I explain my plan to get the boys to leave their rooms and we compare our awful treatments in the hospital.

She sighs, "I look terrible don't I?"

"Don't worry, you don't," I chuckle.

"Thank goodness," she jokes and we laugh, "we all definitely need a spa day to get back on our feet! Don't worry, I know a few lovely ladies that would give us a discount no problem!"

"I need to go, talk soon," I stand up after we hug once again.

I close the door gently. I creep towards Bloom's room. I open the door and find her awake.

"Oh, Flora! I thought you were Sky!" She looks surprised to see my face like the other girls.

"I might have been the one who wrote that note," I shrug, smirking.

"Wow, I never thought you were so sneaky," she giggles, "it's very unlike you, nature fairy."

Finally, I head into Aisha's room. She is also sitting awake, fidgeting with the needles in her arms. She looks up and finally noticed me.

"I knew it," she chuckles, "Flora you are too brilliant."

"I thought you would," I sit down, smiling.

After a long talk with her, my instincts tell me I should be going back to my room.

I walk quickly but quietly down the hall. I open the door and luckily find Helia still asleep. I lay down on the hospital bed and try to get comfortable. I close my eyes and listen to my own breathing as I fall asleep.

I am strapped to a chair. I look around and see the rest of my friends are also strapped to a chair and we are in a circle.

I am about to speak, but nothing comes out of my mouth. The Winx have emotionless faces and their eyes are a dark grey colour.

I try to get out of the chair but I can't move a single muscle. The girls begin to laugh and I want to scream when blood comes out of their mouths, noses and eyes.

They begin to scream and someone covers my eyes. I feel my chair falling down. It doesn't seem to end until the screaming suddenly stops.

I wake up and feel really sweaty and my throat is dry. The room is really warm so I reach over to grab my drink.

My shaky hands fail and I drop the bottle with a thump. I wince slightly and look over at Helia who is sleeping peacefully. I decide just to wait until later.

I realise that the wires have been reconnected to my arm. A nurse must have come in and fixed it.

A very long and very boring two weeks pass before, one day, I hear a knock on my door.

"Good news," Helia comes into my room, grinning happily.

"What is it?" I say and sit up, smiling hopefully.

"You can all leave today," he smiles.

I let out a cheer and he laughs, mimicking my cheer, throwing his arms in the air.

"You look much better," he says and sits down.

"I feel better," I tell him.

Helia helps me walk to the reception desk and I sign some release papers. I then change into clean clothes that Helia brought for me a while ago.

As soon as we step outside I feel so happy. I breathe in the fresh, morning air.

"Come on," he says and we get into his car and drive home.