Chapter 3

Reader's POV

After classes, we headed back into the dorm, changed out of our uniforms and went over our plan 1 more time before heading out.

"I thought that class would never end." Blake said.

"Alright gang, today's the day. The investigation begins!" Ruby said jumping off her bed.

"Glad to see we're taking this so seriously." Weiss said.

"Hey, we've got a plan that's moderately serious." Yang said.

"Right, everyone remember their roles?" Ruby asked.

"You and I will head to the CCT and check the Schnee records for any other dust robberies or inconcistencies. Seeing as I'm in the family, it shouldn't be a problem." Weiss said.

"The White Fang has regular faction meetings to hand out orders and recruit new members." Blake said.

"If Blake and I can get in, we can hopefully find out what they're planning." I explained.

"I have a friend on the shady side of town that typically knows everything going on in Vale. Getting information out of him shouldn't be too hard." Yang said.

"Great, we'll meet up tonight by Yang to go over what we found. Let's do this." Ruby said.

"Yeah!" A voice said. We looked at the window to see Sun hanging upside down by his tail with his arms crossed.

"Sun?!" Blake asked as we all stepped back from shock.

"How did you get up there?" Yang asked.

"Ah it's easy, I do it all the time." Sun said.

"You do what?!" Weiss asked.

"I climb trees all the time." Sun said earning a suspicious glare from Weiss.

"Dude, nice save." I said earning a wink from Sun.

"So, are we finally getting back at that Torchwick guy?" Sun asked jumping into the room.

"We, are going to investigate the situation. As a team." Blake said.

"Sorry Sun, we don't want to get friends involved if we don't have to." Ruby apologized.

"Pfft, that's dumb, you should always get friends involved. That's why I brought Neptune." Sun said pointing his thumb outside the window.

Team RWBY and I all look out the window to see Neptune standing at one of the ledges with both of his arms on the wall.

"Sup." Neptune said.

"How did you even get up there?" Ruby asked.

"I have my ways. Seriously though, can I come in? We're like, really high up right now." Neptune asked looking down.

We let him in, and after a few minutes of persuasion and convincing, we decided to let Sun and Neptune in on the plan.

"Alright, I'll go with Weiss. Sun, you can go with Blake and Y/n. And Neptune, you can go with Yang since she doesn't have a partner. Everyone good?" Ruby asked pushing Neptune towards Yang as Neptune winked at Weiss.

"Actually Ruby, why don't you go with Yang, aha. She is your sister after all." Weiss asked.

"But Weiss, who would go with you then?" Ruby asked.

"Well, I guess Neptune could go with me?" Weiss asked.

"Ahem, smooth, ahem." I said inbetween coughs while Yang snickered causing Weiss to glare at the both of us. Ruby laughed while Neptune was in some dumb pose.