Chapter 1

Reader's POV

I was currently in Vale about to head into a coffee shop to earn money. I went inside the coffee shop and went up to the counter.

"Hello sir, what can I get you?" The lady by the cash register asked.

"I'd like a coffee and a donut, please." I said with a kind smile.

"Okay sir, that'll be 7 lien." The girl said taking out those foam coffee cups as I gave her the exact amount of Lien. I bent down and pretended to tie my shoe lace then looked up to the girl. I possessed her causing my body to fall forward leaning on the counter. Good thing it didn't look suspicious.

Because of the previous jobs I've worked at, I knew how to work a cash register. I took out a few Lien, about 50, and stuffed them into the empty coffee cup under the counter incase someone saw and placed it onto the counter going back to my body.

I got up from my position and grabbed the cup as the girl was looking around trying to figure out what happened. She saw the coffee cup already in my hand so she grabbed a donut and placed it in a paper bag.

"Here you go sir, have a nice day!" The girl said enthusiastically. I took the donut then smiled at her while taking out my wallet.

"Thanks, and here's a tip. Also sorry in advance." I said leaving 5 lien at the counter and exiting the coffee shop leaving the girl confused on why I apologized. I knew there were security cameras in the coffee shop, so large chancd they saw me putting 50 lien in the coffee shop making it look like the girl did it, so she was probably gonna get in trouble.

I was walking around stuffing the money in my wallet and throwing the cup away. As I was about to take a bite into my donut, I saw a child next to me looking at it. I stopped walking and thought for a second while looking at the child.

I bent down to their height and extended the donut towards them. They looked at me for a second in shock but eventually took the donut and started eating it. It looked like it was the first thing they've ever eaten in their entire life. I smiled and ruffled their hair getting up and began to walk away.

"Thank you mister." The child said making me stop in my path. I looked behind me and smiled at them.

"No problem, kid." I said as I walked away. I entered and alley way that lead to a shortcut to where I lived. I live under a bridge by a river. Yes I'm a hobo, but buying a place of my own would be a waste of money since I travel a lot, plus I'm a criminal.

"That was very kind of you to do." A voice behind me said. I stopped in my tracks and turned around taking out my katanas. There I saw a grey haired man with a cane and a cup of coffee. Behind him was a woman with blonde hair and glasses who was holding some type of riding crop.

"Who are you two and what do you want with me?" I asked taking my battle stance.

"Calm down, we just want to talk, we mean no harm." The grey haired man say.

I looked at him for a second examining his features as I tried to read him. Something told me that these two were trust worthy so I put my weapons back into their places.

"Alright, talk then" I said crossing my arms and leaning onto one of the walls.

"You are a man who is well known across some parts of Remnant, correct?" The man asked.

"Yeah, I'd say that." I said.

"Looking at you right now, you seem to be a bit young. A teenager is what I'm guessing." He said.

"So what?" I replied.

"Are you aware of the 4 schools for huntsmen and huntresses located in all 4 kingdoms of Remnant?" He asked me as I raised my eyebrows.