Host Knows

"I bet you twenty dollars they at least hook up." Anti said while he and Dark stood outside of their house, waiting for the school bus.

"You do realize that one of them is married, right?" Dark asked, looking down the street. The bus was late.

"Their marriage is more paperwork than love." Anti stated.

"Doesn't Chase still love her?"

"He loves the mother of his children, if she didn't have that, he would have left a long time ago." Anti dug the tip of his foot into the ground.

"How do you know?" Dark started to tap his own foot. They usually called if they were going to be more than a few minutes late.

"He's told me multiple times when he's been drunk. He'll deny it sober, but get a few shots in him and he'll spill his guts out." Anti answered. "Where the fuck is the bus?"

"That's what I was wondering." Dark said.

"I'm calling the school." Anti took out his phone as he spoke. "They better have a good reason or someone's getting fired." He huffed.

"They'll get more than fired." Dark said harshly.

"Hello, yes, this is Mr. Powell, Annalise Powell's father and I was wondering why the bus was running late." Anti said into the phone, his tone making it clear that he wasn't happy. "One moment." Anti turned the phone on speaker. "Could you repeat that?"

"The bus won't be coming to your home today since Isaac Powell picked Annalise up from preschool when the day was over." The man on the phone stated.

"I didn't pick her up." Dark protested.

"I'm sorry, sir. But it was. I-"

"Describe me. Describe what I looked like." Dark interrupted the man.

"I...uh...built, average height, dark skin, blue eyes, brown-"

"What color eyes?" Anti's hand began to shake.

"Blue...like...bright blue. I didn't know you have blue eyes."

"My eyes are dark brown." Dark stated, struggling to keep his composure.

"You gave our daughter to a stranger!?" Anti screamed, not even trying to hold back.

"It looked exactly like Isaac! The voice was even the same!"

"What was Annalise saying as she left?" Dark asked.

"She was upset. She was screaming something about a 'closet man' or something. I just thought she was throwing a tantrum."

"Are you a fucking idiot! How could you-"

"Anti. Hang up." Dark said through gritted teeth.

"But."

"Now." Anti clenched his own teeth before doing so. "Let's get to work." Dark took Anti's hand and the two disappeared into a cloud of smoke.

"Well, hello there. I wasn't-"

"Watch him. I'll be right back." Dark said to Wilford before vanishing.

"What?"

"Someone kidnaped Ann!" Anti suddenly scream, catching the attention of all of the Ipliers.

"What!?" Wilford took Anti by the shoulders. "What do you mean someone kidnapped her!?"

"Someone impersonated Dark and picked her up from preschool." Anti explained. "They just took her!"

"Let's find him and give him what for!" Wilford removed his hands and pulled out a gun.

"We don't know who, what or where they went." Anti said.