Welcome To The Family

"Guns?"

"In the hidden cupboard."

"Unnecessary knives?"

"Sadly, in the cupboard as well."

"Sadly?" Dark looked up from his list at Anti.

"I like my knives." Anti shrugged.

"Why is your hair green?" Dark asked.

"I thought that Triston might wanna try something new." Anti ran a hand through his hair.

"Triston can try something new when he's not trying to convince people to let him keep a child he doesn't need."

"Well, Isaac doesn't have to be a bitch about it." Anti huffed as he changed his hair back to brown. "Better?"

"Much." Dark pecked Anti on the cheek.

"You're being a softie again." Anti chuckled.

"I'm only allowing a child to be brought into our home because you want her, I get it, I'm nice to you. Don't let the others know." Dark lightly tapped his pen against the tip of Anti's nose.

"I think they'd get a kick out of Softiplier." Anti took the pen and skipped away.

"Repeat that to anyone and I will send Annalise back." Dark threatened.

"Rude." Anti stuck his tongue out, slipping it back into his mouth when their doorbell went off. He quickly dropped the pen and ran over to the door.

"Let me get it, go make some drinks," Dark said, moving Anti aside, handing him the clipboard and opening the door.

"Are you Mr. Powell?" A young woman asked. Annalise was standing in front of her and looking very uncomfortable. The little girl looked up and after a few blinks, she recognized Dark.

"Yes, please come in. There are some refreshments being prepared for us." Dark bowed a little as the woman and Annalise entered his home.

"You have a very lovely home." The woman commented.

"Thank you." Dark peeked towards the kitchen and saw that Anti was pouring lemonade into three glasses and the jug of apple juice told him what was in the fourth cup.

"I hope you understand that I need to do a quick look-over." The woman stated, showing Dark that she was holding a clipboard.

"I would not expect otherwise." Dark as he watched the woman begin looking at his living room. "My name is Viana, I just realized I never told you." She giggled a little.

"You're busy with your work, it's understandable." Dark was in his area. Professional, making one believe he was something he was not. This was the easiest and most enjoyable thing for him to do. "You can sit on the couch, if you wish, Annalise." Annalise nodded her head and crawled onto the soft couch, bouncing a little as she waited.

"I hope you like lemonade," Anti said as he entered the room, carrying a silver tray in his hand. "And I got some apple juice for the lady of the hour." He added with a chuckle as he handed Annalise a plastic cup.

"Ant!" Annalise giggled, taking the cup.

"Thank you, how is it working for Mr. Powell?" Viana asked, taking the offered glass.

"I don't work for him. I'm in a relationship with him." Anti said, is using a smile that Dark knew as his 'if I didn't have to behave, you'd be dead' smile.

"My apologies, I shouldn't have assumed," Viana said.

"No need to worry, we're used to it," Dark said with a chuckle, taking a glass for himself and whispering into Anti's ear. "You're doing great, go play with Annalise and I'll take care of this." Anti nodded and went over to the couch, setting the tray on the coffee table before sitting with Annalise.