4 | Bumping Into The Devil

Start from the beginning

"Ava! It's so good to see you." Luke smirks, whilst I roll my eyes at him. Please don't tell me he's going to try to flirt with me again.

I ignore Luke and start to eat my pizza. It doesn't taste that bad, it's better than the one back at my old school but then again, that really isn't saying much.

"So, how were lessons?" Lawrence asks me, his white hair falling over one of his eyes. He's got this mysterious aura around him that intrigues me. I know I said I wouldn't date any of these guys but I didn't say anything about looking at them. Lawrence is very attractive, his white hair is unique and new. I definitely feel attracted to him.

"Awful. Why are teachers so cruel?" I rhetorically ask them. Do they really take satisfaction in humiliating and torturing us students? Are there lives really that sad?

"What do you have next?" Josh curiously asks me.

"P.E." I sigh.

I hate sports. I can play it, to a certain degree but when it comes to running or dodgeball, I'm out. Every time I play any sport that has a ball, I always end up injured. I don't know why balls hate me, I have never done anything mean to them.

One time, I was playing at my old school with my best friend, Rosie. I was doing everything I was supposed to, dodging incoming balls and trying to throw them at the other team yet I ended up getting knocked out.

I remember waking up in the infirmary, with a bruised head and a horrible headache. After that, my teacher gave me a free pass for the game.

"Oh dear." Molly gives me a sympathetic look.

"I'm going to die," I exclaim.

"Nah, you'll be fine. I'll save you." Luke flirts, winking at me.

I glare at him. Did he blank out the part where I said I wouldn't date him? "That's okay Luke, I'm perfectly capable of looking after myself."

"But—"

I cut him off with a stone cold glare. How do I try and get him to read the message that I don't need help?

"Mate, I would give up. Ava clearly isn't interested in you. Why don't you go and find some cheerleader or something?" Lawrence whispers to Luke, loud enough for me to hear.

Thank you, Lawrence, maybe advice from a friend will get it into his head.

"But all of the cheerleaders are plain compared to her," Luke whines back quietly. I don't really know if I should be grateful that he finds me that attractive. I mean, its definitely going to boost my confidence. But...I don't want to date him.

Lawrence rolls his eyes, giving up.

"Oh god, here comes queen bitcheria." Molly groans, her lip curling upwards in disgust.

I look over my shoulder to see a young blonde haired girl, who has a lot of make-up on her face and clothes that are too short on. Following her, are two other girls who look like exact copies of her.

They all sneer at people who try to approach them, their eyes showing disgust. Like the people are below them, not as good as them.

I already hate them.

"Let me guess, the stereotypical sluts who 'rule' this school," I whisper to the group and they all nod their heads.

"Great," I mutter sarcastically, watching the three girls go and sit with a group of jocks. Well, when I say sitting, I mean sitting on their laps. The leader of the group immediately starts to suck the face off of one of them.