Chapter 14: Suspicion

We sit in silence through the entire car ride. 'He seems different. Last time i saw him he was in all white armor. What happened to him?' I think to myself then the van comes to a halt and i lean forward from the momentum. He gets out of the van and a few seconds later i get pulled out of the back by my arm and look at him. He continues to keep his mouth shut as i'm dragged into a building. He places me on the floor and squats down looking me in the eye. "Well then, look what i found. Nice to see you again lovely. But sadly, i've got other things to attend to. So you'll just sit tight here. Be glad i saved your ass from them or you would end up back in hell." He says to me and i sit tied up inside the building on the floor and groan as he leaves me behind. "Dammit." I whisper to myself and look around. I reach down in my pocket for my dagger and bring it up to the ropes and start cutting them when i hear a step in the building and speed up the process. I panic and undo the ropes and hold my dagger out as i back up to the wall of the abandoned building. A figure pops up around the corner and i stand there terrified with my feet planted to the ground. It looks at me and walks slowly toward me with each step echoing through the empty building. I hold the dagger up in front of me pointed at him as my body shakes with fear. He stops a few feet in front of me with a hood covering his face and he pulls it down and it was Eragon. "God don't do that you scared the hell out of me." I said putting down my dagger putting it in it's sheath on my belt. He steps up to me and grabs my arm. "Are you ok?! You like disappeared from the forest. We were worried you were killed!" He says looking at me with worry and concern in his eyes. "Sorry some random guy took me. Kept me in a dungeon. But i'm fine now." I say and start heading out of the building and he follows shortly behind.

He gives me a ride back on his dragon to Scatty's mansion. I hop off and look up at him and thank him for the ride. I sigh and head back into the house only to be tackled by scatty. I look at her wide eyed as she hugs me tightly.  "Scatty....can't...breath!" I breath out and she lets go looking at me. "Where the hell were you?!" She asks me with a hint of anger but mostly concern in her voice. "I got taken but i'm here now." I reply and she looks at me tempted to push further but she lets it go. "Ok as long as your alright." She said and went into the kitchen. I trotted up to my room and changed my clothes as they were stained and tattered from the dungeon. I look at my back in the mirror and the place where my wings were are just scars now with a bit of dried blood in the crevice. I hop in the shower and wash the dirt and blood off my body, feeling refreshed. I sit in the water for a moment longer relieved to be back home. I turn the water off and wrap a towel around myself and walk out of the bathroom as steam followed me out. Jackson left clothes on my bed as always and i quickly change into the comfy clothes. I sit on my bed contemplating why the guy in the van saved me, and how he changed so much in such little time. From white to pitch black, a cloak over his head and a smirk on his face. I wanted to find out who and exactly what he was. Another thing to add to my bucket list i would suppose.

I get up and make my way downstairs and into the kitchen to smell chicken on the stove. I smile and look at scatty as she cooks and i go into the living room. I plop my butt on the couch and wait for dinner to be finished when i hear a tap at the window. I go to it and open the window to see the large owl again. I smile and put my hand on its head and pet it. It looks at me and bows before flying away again. I hear scatty yell that dinner was ready and head inside again.

I step into the dinning room and look at an empty table. I furrow my brows and look around and head into the kitchen. I don't see scatty anywhere, i look around trying to find her. There wasn't any food prepared, no utensils set, no smell in the kitchen. The place seemed empty, deserted, like i was the only one there. I hear a rustle behind me and scatty pops up in front of me and i jump back. "You scared me scatty! Where's the food?" I asked curious and a little worried. She has this gleam in her eyes that's dark and menacing. She looks at me and her eyes turn a deep blood red and opens her mouth to reveal sharp pointed fangs with saliva strands inside her mouth. "It just arrived."