Chapter 12: Something New

I look at my sword, it perched up against the log i'm sitting on. The blade shining with the ray of the sun. Seeing my reflection in the blade, i pick it up and look over at eragon. The feeling of anger and frustration falls over me and i quietly sneak off into the forest. I put my sword on my shoulder and walk up to a large tree and put it to my side and size it up. I frown and swing my sword and chip a piece off of the tree and bring it back ready to swing again and hit it again. 'I want to kill him. I want to burn him. I want him dead. I want him to cease to exist!' I think to myself as i hit the tree multiple times. I huff and drop my sword and drop to my knees. 'I'm no better than him.' I frown as tears stream down my face and i place my hands on the ground and cry out not making a peep so they don't hear me. I hear a crack and i flip my head up with my face puffy red and reach for my sword. "Who's there?" I say and look around me. I feel my energy draining from my body and my eyelids get heavy. 'What's happening to me?' I think as i sway and fall back on the ground passed out. 

I wake up with a massive headache. 'Why do i always get knocked out?' I grumble and open my eyes and look around me. I make a double take and i'm chained to the wall by my wrist and ankles and struggle. I look down and i'm hanging on the wall by my wrists and ankles and wince as the pain comes to me. I wince and hear a clatter in front of me as i see i'm in an old prison cell as a guard passes by with black armor and a hood as the keys jingle at his side and i shift wanting to get out of here. He turns from the noise i made and smirks with a mask on. "Well look who's awake finally. The boss will be glad to see you...Mavis Wise." The guard says and i growl shifting in the chains. I look around as there isn't anything else in the cell but these chains connected to me. I sigh and close my eyes and hang my head feeling hopeless. 

I hear the jingle of the keys again as they unlock my cell door and i shoot my head up. "Boss is ready to see you now. You should be delighted, if you follow his orders you might be moved from this nasty cell." The same guard says lifting me off the wall still with cuffs and leads me down the hallway. I follow close behind him down a maze of rooms and hallways and try to map it in my head but i lost it on the 10th turn. I sigh and look at his back and over his shoulder to see where we're going but he doesn't say a word. 

He takes one last turn and my legs are killing me and pushes me through a pair of doors and i stumble in and look behind me as he closes them again. I look up and see a tall man in a large chair and i stand up and look at him. "Mavis Wise...many talents...death has a high price over your head. I'll be turning you in tomorrow, let's see what you can for me while your here." He smirks and looks down at me and i frown and growl. "I will not do any such thing." I say and cross my arms leaning back on one leg. He looks at me and stands up and looms over me and i stand my ground. "You will do as i say missy." He says sternly and looks at me. I look up at him and growl. "As i said, i will not." I say and he slaps me across the face and i fall on the ground with a red hand mark on my cheek. I look up at him pushing myself up with my hands and hold my cheek sitting on the ground. "You will do as i say or it will be the death of you." He says and grabs my chin holding me up and keeps me there looking me in the eyes. I try to look away but he holds me tight and i look at him and feel my head thump and pound. I struggle but he still keeps me there and i feel like he's sucking me up into his gaze. I get worried and try to close my eyes but i can't. He holds me there looking at me...looking into my soul, feels like it. I feel my eyelids get heavy and he lets go and i cough leaning over. 'What the hell was that? What did he just do? It felt like he was eating away at my soul.' I think to myself and look over at him as he has a huge smirk on his face and i scowl at him. "Now you know better than to fight against me. Now, lets see what strength you really hold inside?" He says lifting me up by my arm and drags me out the door. 

I groan as he continues to drag me by my arm down the hall and to another room. He flings me into a chair and straps me in. I struggle and he looks at me sternly and i growl stopping my actions. "Good girl now lets see." He smirks lifting my head up and clips my neck with a small knife and licks the blood of the knife and smiles. I look at him concerned and look away. "You're tasty Mavis...you smell....special. No wonder death wants you back so badly." He says licking the rest off my neck and i growl disgusted. "Hey don't give me that face, i can hear your heartbeat quicken, you liked it huh?" He says looking at me and grabs my chin again. "You want me to do it again don't you?" He says and smirks leaning closer to my neck. 'Lord help me get out of this mess.' I think to myself as i feel something spark from inside me and my eyes turn into silver disks.