Chapter 33 - House Elves

"How is it they knew we were there?" Harry asks,
"Maybe you still have the trace on you?" I suggest as we all walk together.
"Can't be trace breaks at 17 its wizarding rule" Ron argues. That's when hermione freezes with a sharp gasp.
"What?" Ron causes us all to turn and look over at hermione.
"We didn't celebrate your birthday, Harry. Ginny and I, we prepared a cake. We were going to bring it out at the end of the wedding" Hermione glumly continues walking, I sling my arm around Harry's shoulders.
"That cake sure looked good but he has plenty more to come" I try and lighten the mood.
"Cleo's right, honestly I appreciate the thought but really given the fact that we were almost killed by death eaters a few minutes ago" Harry reminds her, I remove my arm off Harry and look down at my feet.
Death eaters. That word is always used so harshly, if I were to be found out then they'd hate me too.
"We need to get off the streets, get to somewhere safe" I lower my voice, paranoia is clearly corrupting everyone here.
We head to the blacks house which we stayed in for Christmas a couple years ago. Back when Sirius was alive.
Cautiously we enter, a sheet of dust that covered the floor rises into a ghost like Dumbledore then rushed towards us.
Hermione screams and I cover my face, just as the dust touches Harry it disappears.
"What was that about?" Ron shakes off his fear.
"Probably Madeye's idea incase snap came snooping around" I mutter through gritted teeth.
Hermione cast a spell to see if anyone is with us but it's just us.
Hermione, Ron and Harry all sleep in the same room however I sleep in the corridor by myself as the others take the old couches and armchairs.
I can't risk anything to reveal myself or put Harry in harms way because of me.
It's best if I stay away that means if anyone does attack they get me first.
I open my eyes to see I'm in the same position as I fell asleep, sat upright against the wall dead in the middle of the corridor.
I strain to get up before staggering into the dining room where Hermione and the boys sit.
"What's going on?" I ask leaning in the doorway.
"Sirius's brother had the real horcrux" Hermione holds up the fake neckless.
"That's kind of helpful but since he's dead we can't really ask where he hid it" I say flatly,
"You're clearly not a morning person" ron mumbles, I roll my eyes at him.
A noise coming from the other end of the table alerts us all, I pull out my wand and aim directly to where the noise came from as the others back off.
I'm the one to open the small cupboard the others close on my heels, I reach inside and yank out creature the house elf.
"You've been spying on us, have you?" Harry growls at the elf.
"Creature has been watching" he confirms it.
"Maybe he knows where the real locket is?" Hermione steps forward as creature hides himself.
"Have you ever seen this before?" Harry holds up the locket, creature is hesitant so Harry slurs his name in a warning.
"It's master Regulus's locket" creature comes out more in the open.
"But there were two weren't there?" Harry keeps the locket held out therefore creature can see it. "Where's the other one?"
"Creature doesn't know where the other locket is." Creature stares down at his feet, my patience is ticking with this particular house elf.
"Yes but did you ever see it? Was it in this house?" Hermione questions him.
"You filthy mud blood..." Creature grunts, Ron goes to hit the house elf but Hermione stops it.
I take my wand and hold it to creature neck,
"Answer her" I hiss,
"Yes, it was here. In this house. The most evil object" Creature explains.
"How do you mean?" Harry asks,
"Before Regulus's died he ordered creature to destroy it but no matter how hard creature tried he could not do it" creature dazes off, Harry looks at me so I let go of creature and move away.
Creature backs off into a corner with Harry close in front.
"Where is it now? Did someone take it?"Harry raises his voice firmly, creature looks up at him then back down at his feet.
"He came in the night, he took many things including the locket" creature wraps his arms around himself securely, I furrow my eyebrows.
"Who did?" I lean down ever so slightly.
"Mandungus. Mandungus Fletcher" creature whispers his name.
"Find him!" I demand, creature then disappears in front of our eyes.
"Mandungus! A traitor" I hiss, Hermione touches my shoulder.
"It's okay" She tries to calm me down.
I exit the room and pull up my sleeve to reveal the illusion charm as concluded.
I bite my tongue to hold in a scream, I hold my wand against it and cast another.
These stupid marks and symbols will be on my body forever, the dark lord has done this to me and will turn everyone against me that I love.
"Is everything alright?" Harry sneaks up behind me, I spin on my heels and plaster a fake smile on.
"Yeah, I was actually going to go get my things from the burrow if that's okay" I push my wand into my jeans. Harry nods.
"Be careful" he warns me, I nod my head quickly before disapperating.
I reach the burrow to find most of it's trashed, the wedding decorations are still up from where everyone had to leave as quickly as possible.
I push open the ajar door and enter inside, as I slowly walk around I pick up a couple pictures.
One of the twins and one of the whole family, that one was last Christmas even I'm stood under George's arm and Both of the boys are holding their fingers behind one another's head.
I smile then rush upstairs to snatch up my backpack, Edgar is sat in his cage miserably.
"I can't look after you any more, sweetie. You have to live on your own" I open the cage, he flies out and rubs his face on my cheek. "I know, I love you too" I then open the window as Edgar flies out stopping only for a moment to look back at me.
I sigh then disapperate back to the house.
Hermione and Ron are playing piano,
"What took you so long, you've been gone hours" Harry rushes towards me.
"I was just collecting everything together and I had to let Edgar go." I explain,
"Well it's almost dark, we were worried" Hermione hugs me, I embrace her back.
"Relax, anyway I'm the eldest shouldn't I be worrying over you guys" I chuckle, all of a sudden there's a loud bang coming from the dining room.
We all push open the door to see creature with mundungus and another house elf.
"Harry Potter, so long it's been" the house elf I don't know smiles at Harry.
"Get off me!" Mundungus squirms and struggles under the grip of the two small house elves.
He falls forward and creature along with the other house elf fall off him.
I hold out my wand directing it towards mundungus.
"As requested creature has return with the thief, mundungus fletcher" creature closes the door.
"Expelliarmus" I disarm mundungus as he rises to his feet.
"Sit down" I order.
"What's the plan setting a bunch of blimming assholes on me?!" Mundungus is rather grouchy as I keep my wand on him.
"Dobby was only trying to help, Dobby saw creature in diagon alley which Dobby thought was curious then Dobby heard creature mention Harry Potters name. And then Dobby saw creature walking with the thief..." The house elf I now know as Dobby rambles on as he walks along the dining table.
"I'm no thief! You little..." Mundungus clenches his fists, I raise my chin staring down at him.
"Sit. Down." I order once more gesturing over to the chair at the end of the table. Meanwhile Dobby and Ron reunite
"Listen I panicked that night, alright?! Could I help it Madeye fell off his broom!" Mundungus defends himself, I stare flatly at him.
"Dung, Tell the truth" I press my wand against his neck, Mundungus gulps down nervously.
"When you turned this place over, don't deny it, you found a locket am I right?" Harry asks.
"Why, was it valuable?" He leans forward, creature jabs his knee causing him to move further backwards in his seat.
"You still got it?" Hermione asks.
"No, he's probably worried he didn't get enough money for it." Ron scoffs, Mundungus admits he gave it away.
Harry asks who she was and turns out it's the blaming bitch Umbridge.
"I hate her" I scratch my hand where the cuts used to be, she used those awful quills as punishments I remember as clear as day.
"So what now?" Ron asks.
"We have to come up with a plan to get inside the ministry undetected" Hermione furrows her eyebrows in thought.
"Bloody wonderful" I groan.