Chapter 43 - pushing me away

It was a matter of days before things started going wrong again, after the funeral things started getting worst with George not better.
We all thought seeing Fred go to a better place would settle our minds but it did the opposite, the dawned realisation that Fred is officially gone only caused George to slip away even further in his mind.
He hardly wants to talk and he hasn't left the house in almost five days now, Molly tries her hardest to keep a strong front but it's clear she struggling.
Harry and hermione spend a lot of their time at the burrow mainly for Ginny and Ron, you'd think hermione would stick with Ginny and Ron with Harry but it's the other way around. Ever since the battle of Hogwarts, hermione and Ron have been stuck together as well as Harry and Ginny, I told them that they would eventually end up together a year back or so. Harry asked me if it was worth waiting for, if love was really that good because of course Ginny and Ron were both with someone else so Hermione and Harry felt as if Cupid was against them.
I smile at the memory, Hermione was most likely too busy beating up the snow man I made that day to remember that conversation however if I bring it up with Harry he'd remember.
I lean back in my large arm chair watching as Hermione rants on about Ron needing to apply for a job for when the summer is over. A job, I really hope Hogwarts takes me back as a professor once it's been rebuilt from the battles rubble.
Fortunately with magic, it'll only take two years at most? Perhaps.
"Would you two stop arguing!" Molly snatches the daily profit from Ron's hands and sends him a warning look, Ron sighs leaning backwards on the couch.
"Why don't we head to the pub? Butterbeer anyone?" Harry claps his hands together as he stands up, I smile widely at that idea placing my muggle book down.
"I'll have something more alcoholic thank you but why not? We all need to get out of the house." I join Harry, then pull Hermione up onto her feet.
"Come on, won won." I coo, Ron glares but pushes himself out of his seat instantly enclosing his hand around Hermione's.
"Great, I'll go ask George and we'll be ready to go." I waltz into the kitchen where George is watching Molly as she reads whilst knitting needles are happily knitting beside her. A melodic sound of the radio is playing softly behind him and he sways ever so slightly to it.
"George, we're all going to head down to hogsmeade, to the three broomsticks to get a drink if you want to come?" I suggest, George runs his hand through his tangled mess of ginger hair, I can see him arguing with himself behind those darkened brown eyes. "just to get out of the house, we won't be gone long."
George sighs and trudges over to me, I smile a small assuring smile and lead him out to the others.
We disapperate to the three broomsticks and quickly grab a table, the others order butterbeer whilst I order firewhiskey. Hermione scolded me telling me that it was too early to drink then followed by a question asking when did I start to drink.
Firstly I don't think it's too early for a drink as it's 2 in the afternoon, secondly I don't drink often but if I fancy an alcoholic beverage let me have a bloody alcoholic beverage.
When the drinks appear I lean back into Georges side, he keeps his arm on the back of my chair, I sip occasionally on my drink as I listen to the others talk about the careers they're thinking of however Ginny still has a year or so at school left.
The others may have to finish school as well if they want high ranked jobs here in the wizarding world, I mean since they all pretty much skip their seventh year to search and destroy horcruxes.
George twists and turns his glass on the table obviously lost in thought,
"You know, Ron, you could always go work with George? In the shop?" I suggest winking at him, Ron looks down at Hermione who doesn't react to my question.
"Well, yeah, I could..." Ron furrows his eyebrows as he thinks about it, I order another round as the conversation drifts to something else.
"Filthy death eater, surprised she's not in askaban." I suddenly hear a low hiss of disgust, my blood boils and my heart beat picks up. My eyes shoot around the pub, I spot a group of men sat together across the room, all of them staring at my left arm.
I notice my sleeve has ridden up ever so slightly, you can see half of the mark as clear as day so I quickly pull it back down.
"And sat with Harry Potter, I'm surprised she hasn't tried to finish off the dark lords work." the same man who commented on my mark snaps again, I notice a flash of guilt from the rude mans friend when he realises I'm listening in.
"Yes, Marcus but if you hadn't noticed that's Clementine kingsworthy. She was on Harry's side the whole time apparently. Anyway why would she want to kill Harry if Voldemort is dead." The mans friend defends me.
"Yeah right, she probably is acting, rumours from Beauxbaton is that she was always the rebellious type and no one was surprised when she turned to the dark lord. Why would the dark lord say she's his most favoured follower if she wasn't on his side. He would've killed her no doubt." The man scoffs downing his drink, I feel hatred build inside me, my hand edges it's way to my wand.
"But that's why she's so famous, she was the only death eater beside Severus Snape that went completely against him." The mans friend also finishes his own drink fidgeting in his seat as if I'm the one talking shit about him!
"I'll believe it when I have proof." The man who started the conversation is the first to leave between him and the other three men.
George chugs his drink and stands up.
"I'll see you at home." He miserably mumbles, I stare up at him as he watches the men leave the pub.
"George, wait..." I stumble as I try to get out from under the table, George disapperates without thinking twice about it.
"Cleo..." Ginny tries to call after me but I ignore her just as George ignored me by disapperating.
"George what was that?!" I furrow my eyebrows in confusion as I storm into the bedroom where George sits, he holds his wand observing it to avoid meeting my gaze.
"You don't understand do you? What those blokes were saying back at the pub!" George keeps his voice steady yet I can hear the irritant within.
"They were talking about me! About death eaters so what?!" I feel all the anger from the pub ready to explode,
"So don't you see! You'll never be seen as anything but a death eater! Do you know who killed Fred?! A bloody death eater! When you admitted to us that you had that bloody dark mark do you want to know how Fred felt?! What he said to me! He said that he saw it coming! That I shouldn't be too hard on myself, that it wasn't my fault that I fell for your act!" George snaps bolting to his feet, I laugh harshly.
"You didn't mean any of that, George! I was forced into it don't you remember me saying or does your messed up ear make you forget things you've already heard me say!" I growl, I have to remember that he's just upset over Fred. I can't lose George over an argument.
"Cleo! I can't...I can't look at you and pretend that you don't have the dark mark! I can't look at you without...without thinking that maybe you were friends with the bastard who killed Fred!" George stutters as he tries to word his sentence.
"Why does that matter?! Are you bloody kidding me?! I didn't like any of the other death eaters and I can't see how you are not seeing this any other way! The others forgave me as soon as the truth came out! As soon as they saw me in action against the dark lord!" I exclaim throwing my hands into the air, George glares at me with disbelief.
"Just...get out...I can't have you near at the moment. Every time I look at you, I see Fred in the rubble of the battle. And I can't deal with you, right now! So just leave! Cleo, please just leave." George turns his back on me leaning the back of his head in his hands, I scoff/chuckle, I use magic to pack my things.
"Where am I supposed to go? George, this is my home." I remind him, George doesn't answer. I quickly wipe away a tear before disapperating.
I disapperate to the first place I think of, Diagon Alley. I send my chest up to the flat inside Weasley's Wizard Wheezes as I know George won't come here alone.
"It's Clementine Kingsworthy!" I hear a gasp come from across the street, a girl and a boy walk hand in hand staring directly at me.
"What?! What do you want?!" I bark, the couple hurry away; the boy sending me a quick glance of disgust.
I sit outside the shop with my head in my hands, as I stare down at the floor I refuse to cry so I just stare blankly everything on the inside breaking instead.
Suddenly I spot a pair of muddy unlaced combat boots come into my view, the mystery person rocks back on their heels then back onto their toes.
"Hello love."