Chapter 44 - snatcher?

Scabior? Impossible he's dead, yet the voice sounds remarkably like him.
My head shoots up to meet a smirking boys face whom I've never met before.
"You're stood rather boldly for someone who's dressed as a snatcher." The words fall from my lips before I can stop them, however what I say is true. It's no mistake, the dirty clothes, the dark eye makeup that brushes across both eyes like a mask and the red scarf-material wrapped around his upper arm.
"I could say the same thing 'bout you, darlin'. You know for someone who 'ated the dark lord, you show off that mark a lot." The boys strong accent reminded defiantly of Scabior, I hastily pull my sleeve down which had fallen down to my elbow when I threw my arms up at George. "I 'ate being so forward, love, but do ya' mind if we step inside." The boy looks around cautiously, I furrow my eyebrows at him, I know I shouldn't trust him but something inside me is screaming for me to let him in.
"Um...not here." I stand brushing myself down from the dusty street, the boy holds out his hand.
"Someplace else then?" He cocks his eyebrow at me, his smirk widens into a wicked grin.
"Yeah..." Is all I can say, I take hold of the boys hand as he disapperates us someplace else.
I rip my hand from his when we land, I fall backwards onto my arse groaning at the force.
"Calm down, sweetheart. We're only in the Forest of Dean." The boy goes to help me up but I refuse his offer by getting up myself.
"Good place to be hiding, didn't you realise this is the place they'll be searching for snatchers." I fold my arms over my chest staring coldly at the odd boy, the boy digs one hand into his pocket as the other pretends to be clutching his heart as he falls backwards against a tree.
"Not on this side, love. You know I've missed that..." The boy crosses his legs over, his smirk never leaving his face, not even for a second.
"Missed what?! What are you talking about?" I take a step backwards, is he mad? Does he even realise who I am?
"You, your attitude to everythin', I always called it the three 'S'. Sass, Sarcasm and Sexiness. You always laughed when I said that." The snatcher scratches the back of his neck talking as if we've been life long friends.
"I don't know you! What are you talking about?" I keep my hand close by wand, what is he talking about?! I've never seen him before in my life.
"You see, darlin'. I know you but you don't know me. I made sure of that, I 'aven't seen you in years. I 'ave in pictures, plenty of pictures but not in person, not for a while. Scabior made sure of that." For once I see the boys smirk drop but is instantly stuck back on.
"Scabior? What do you mean? How did you know him?" I ask now more curious than confused, I personally had only met Scabior about four-five times. I had met him twice before he snatched Harry, Hermione, Ron and I then a few times afterwards. He was a bad guy but he wasn't that bad if that makes any sense. He was actually pretty entertaining.
"Other than him being one of our leaders? I was close to old scabs, yeah Scabior was one of my best mates. Of course until he went and found himself fallin' off a bridge. He was the one to keep me outta the seriously bad stuff, keep me away from Voldemort. He kept me from doin' stupid things like this, like seeing you." The boy held eye contact all the through but then went to staring at his scuffed boots as he finished.
"I'm sorry but I don't even know your name let alone how you know me..." I admit awkwardly, the boy chuckles and shakes his head.
"I'll explain it 'nother time, all you need to know is that I'm called Donnie. Remember that name." The snatcher boy starts to walk away, he spins on his feet to face me one last time. That's when I take in his apperance.
He's tall only slightly shorter than George and...than George. He has black hair that is messy and long at the top but slightly shorter at the sides, his skin is has a slight tan but he isn't very dark. He has blue eyes that look brighter with the dark eye makeup that hide them.
As for his clothes, he wears a black shirt that has the too few buttons undone and a long leather jacket much like scabiors but he's rolled up his sleeves just under his elbow. I notice he has a couple rings on his fingers as well as a older looking golden watch.
His rather tight trousers have random holes on them as well as dirt and mud, then of course he has his old black combat boots.
"Oh and Cleo, it's good to see ya again darlin'." That's when he finally leaves.
What the hell just happened?
I kick a near by stump in frustration, I would ask what a snatcher would want with me but seeing as I was a death eater, well marked a death eater, isn't obvious?
That's the thing, it isn't obvious why he wants anything to do with me also how he knows me.
I disapperate back to the shop, I look around the flat before gathering up a couple things such as clothes and the picture of Fred, George and I.
I stumble downstairs where the shop still lies in a mess, I jump up on the counter pulling out my wand readying myself to clean up.
I throw out the old or broken products before putting everything back in it's right proper place and within an hour I'm finished.
In reality now I need to find a place to stay because I don't doubt that George will most likely visit here if he gets the chance...
There's only one place I can go, my parents old house, the last time I was there I fixed it up but it's been years since then.
I disapperate with my things taking one last look at the shop.
"Home sweet home" I mutter sarcastically whilst looking around the forgotten house, I send my chest to my old room at that moment I shuffle through the house wrapping my arms around myself. It feels cold, alone, neglected.
I send sparks to the fireplace hoping it'll make this more homey yet it doesn't make things much better, the floorboards creeks when my weight shifts and it reminds me awfully of the blacks home when we visited searching for the locket.
Upstairs I feel a horrid chill blow down the hall, I peek my head around the corner where I notice the bottom window is open.
I'm sure I locked up the whole house when I left it to go to Hogwarts, taking hold of my wand I sneak further through the house.
The good thing about being a small family is that there's only four rooms upstairs, I swing open every door with my wand held protectively in front of me; each room is clear but as I open the last door I notice something odd.
It's my room...The only difference is everything is pushed against the walls and directly in the middle is a small pensieve.
"What the..." I near the pensieve to see it has a memory inside, curiously I lean forward where I'm sucked into a different setting.

I'm outside Beauxbatons grounds, I look over at a nearby tree to see a couple leant up against it.
The boy, Donnie, the snatcher from earlier and the girl... the girl is me!
Donnie has my hand locked in his, he presses it against his lips with a relax smirk following.
"But Donnie, why aren't you coming back?" I ask gazing up at the boy, I notice the sadness in my eyes.
"Because my love, I 'ave other work to do, dangerous work. I don't want ya gettin' involved." Donnie lifts my chin with his finger as I start to pout. "look, sweetheart I know I'll miss your seventeenth birthday but what I 'ave to do is important."
"More important than me?" I scoff shaking my head, Donnie sighs the pure look of regret on his face.
"No, nothin' is more important than my girl." Donnie admits brushing away a falling tear from my eye.
"What is this dangerous stuff anyway? Dark magic jobs again?" I purposely try to make dark magic jobs sound like a joke but the way Donnie looks at me proves I am actually correct. "I thought you stopped taking those!" I hiss lowering my voice.
"It's money, darlin', you got to get it one way or another. I know the triwizard tournament is coming up soon and I know I can't stop you from competing which is why I have to do this..." Donnie pulls out his wand, there's a flash of worry across my face.
"What? Donnie?" I try to speak but Donnie interrupts me.
"There's new that the dark lord is coming back and it'll be during the triwizard tournament apparently, I'm tellin' you this now 'cause I hope it'll give you some sort of help. Even thought I don't think it will 'cause for your own good I 'ave to do somethin' I know I'll regret..." Donnie moves away from me starting to walk away.
"Donnie, what are you talking about?! Why are you being such a dick about this?!" I chase after him but suddenly Donnie aims his wand at me.
"I'm sorry, sweetheart." Donnie flashes me a sincere smile. "obliviate!"

Suddenly I pull back from the pencieve, I stare bewildered at what I just saw.
I knew Donnie?!