Keep Moving

A\N

This is a shorter chapter and I apologize but that's just how it's working out for me right now.

I hope you like it! Please let me know your thoughts or predictions!!

Rey's POV

Walking into the command center of the base I could feel the tension. Something was off. Poe was standing close to Leia and the others were also crowded around. Our presence didn't go unnoticed for long. Leia looked up, spotted us and waved us over.

"There was word of an attack on Kylo Ren's command ship." My eyes widened and I tuned in more, wanting to know the result of the attack. "Only Kylo Ren wasn't on it. A local of Viata on Baline saw the attack, they informed us that it was a young woman, with long dark hair, who was attacked. A blast sent her flying and a masked guard carried her away and escaped on one of the escort ships."

The air was even tenser now. I didn't know what to say.

"Did she live? Was the attack from us?

Leia shook her head sadly. "It wasn't from us which means there is another party in this race and we don't know who. As for Naku, we haven't gotten word from our spy yet. But, if she is dead I fear for the worst."

I could see the sadness in the General's eyes, she felt as though she was going to lose another family member for good. I knew Naku was like a daughter to her and to see the grief run through her features caused me to sadden. If Naku died, was there any hope for them now?

"What could be worse than what's already happening?" Finn asked with a scrunch brow and it was Poe who answered.

"Kylo Ren would lose any ounce of humanity he has left. If Nakari dies, then so does what's left of his soul. He would become the ultimate..." He stopped and a look of realization crossed his face before he turned to Leia. "Sith. If Naku dies then he would have no more ties to humanity."

"Snoke." Leia was able to sense where he was going with his thought but I was still confused.

"Snoke is dead, Kylo killed him."

"Unless he didn't." Leia looked as if she couldn't believe it. "Unless it wasn't really Snoke that Kylo killed."

"If Snoke is still alive and trying to kill Naku and take down the first order, we may have a mutual enemy."

"He hasn't come..." Finn was cut off by one of the surveillance men yelling out.

"We have fighters coming in hot!"

"All Pilots to your ships!" Poe's voice broke through the sudden chaos before he took off to do as he had instructed.

"Can they be identified?"

"They aren't First Order, I'm not sure who they are, General."

Leia gave me a worried look. "Snoke is still alive."

.

.

Naku's POV

I tried to blink away the brightness as I came to, groaning at the effect it had on me. I could feel a throbbing pain at the back of my head and was confused as to where it had come from. As I fully opened my eyes I looked around to see I was in the infirmary on base and I wasn't alone.

"Thank god you're awake." Shesmuda stood from the seat she had been occupying and hurried to my side. "How are you feeling?"

"My head hurts, why am I here?"

She gave me a worried look as her brows furrowed together. "There was an attack on the command ship, a blast sent you flying but the Knights got you back safely."

I let a sigh of relief but then caught how she was looking away. "What is it?"

"Why didn't you tell anyone you were pregnant?"

My eyes went wide in surprise. "Who else knows?"

"Kylo knows, the doctors told him that the baby was fine." She shook her head. "Why didn't you tell anyone?"

"Because, Shes. I wasn't sure what I was going to do." I couldn't lie to her, she knew me to well.

"What do you mean?" realization crossed her face and her look hardened. "And now?"

"I want to keep it."

A small smile danced on both our lips. I hadn't been sure and I didn't know how Kylo was going to react but I knew it was the right thing to do. I wanted to talk to her more, to delay the inevitable but fate wasn't on my side.

The doors open and in strolled Kylo without his helmet, I also noticed that Travor and Andyr were standing right outside the door. I was surprised that he didn't have his helmet on though there was still a mask hiding his emotions.

"Leave us." He was talking to Shes but his eyes never left mine. I didn't look away from her but I could see she left and once we were alone, he moved closer. As he looked down at me, I could see the thoughts dancing in his mind. The confusion. "Why didn't you tell me?"

That seemed to be the popular question for the day.

"I wasn't sure how you would react, I had only just figured it out and wanted to wrap my head around it." He crossed his arms over his chest as if waiting for me to go on. "What do you want me to say Kylo? That suddenly things don't make sense? That as a child grows within me I am suddenly questioning our thoughts on everything?"

"I want you to be honest with me. If nothing else, always that." He shook his head, looking towards the wall for a moment before bringing his eyes back to mine. "You will keep the child. We will keep it a secret as long as possible to keep you safe and then we will move you somewhere you can..."

"I'm not going to run and hide."

"There was an attack meant for you! You were supposed to be on that ship when they blew it up!" He was yelling now, his temper quickly taking over. "Do you honestly believe I will let you go about in danger, especially while you are carrying our child?"

I didn't know what to say so I kept quiet.

"Hux was in on the attack." My eyes snapped back to him. "Snoke is still alive."

"No." It was a whisper but he heard me.

"Hux was working with him. His plan was to kill you and cause me to lose myself, succumbing to whatever it is he wanted me to be."

"Do we know where to find him?"

"Not yet but we will. There is something else." He looked hesitant to tell me. "The resistance reached out. He attacked them as well."

"We need to meet with them Kylo, the only way to take him down is all hands-on deck."

He didn't say no but I saw his jaw clench in anger. He wanted to destroy them, not work with them.

I reached out and took his hand in mine as I brought my legs to the edge of the bed. I pulled him closer until I grasped both his hands in my own. His eyes met mine and I was able to see so many emotions swimming within them. He was in pain at the whole issue. He worried about losing me to Resistance but he didn't want me dead.

"Tell Leia we will meet with them on Cosnorix. Poe will know where."

His look hardened but he cracked and gave me a nod. He then went to walk away but I stopped him.

"We will get through this Kylo. Me and you."

He then leaned down and kissed me passionately. I knew it was something he needed so I kissed him back, needing him just as bad.

It seemed as though just when we thought things were going according to plan, fate had a different idea. The baby wasn't planned but Kylo wanted it, so I assumed. We had thought Snoke was long dead but we were wrong, that only made me second guess our other success. What else was going on right under our noses?