Commitment

His fist came flying towards my face but I ducked just in time and delivered a swift yet powerful punch to his ribs, making him back up a step. It was as if we were dancing, if he moved then I moved like we were in some kind of organized routine. But it was far from that. We had trained together for so many years that his moves were engraved into my memory just as mine were in his. Fighting each other we wouldn't really stand a chance. It was much too predictable.

I stand up straight and my hands go to my ribs as I try taking deep breaths, struggling slightly. As pain fills my blue eyes, I can see concern filling his brown ones. He stops and steps towards me carefully, as if he might hurt me by moving too fast.

"How bad is it hurting? We should stop." He strongly suggest but I shake my head in disagreement.

"Kylo, I'm fine. Let's keep going."

"If you were fine you wouldn't be that out of breath." He points out and I roll my eyes.

"I've been a little busy kicking your ass, so forgive me if I'm breathing heavy." I can't help but let out a small laugh when I see the hint of a smile on his lips and then I feel it again, the pull. The pull to him, to the darkness, it gets stronger everyday although I don't let him know that. I'm afraid that's what he wants.

"It's only been two weeks. Your ribs probably aren't healed yet. Let me take a look." He steps closer to me and I go to lift up my shirt but instead I drop into a squat while spinning and kick his legs out from under him, when he lands on his back I'm quick to straddle him with my fist dangling above his beautiful face, stiff and ready to strike. Being so close to him left me feeling almost dazed, there was something about the closeness that I liked but I was also afraid of it. His eyes locked in on mine and I could feel that awful pull again only this one was inching me closer, as if there was a magnet and he was also moving towards me.

His eyes are wide with surprise but I can also see something that looks like pride, was he proud of me? With a swift move from Kylo I'm now on my back and he is on top of me with both my hands pinned above my head.

"Never get cocky." He whispers, sending shivers down my spine.

"Isn't that what I used to tell you?" I question and he nods before getting back to his feet.

"That's enough for today. You need to rest and I have things I need to do but first I'll take you to the infirmary, get your ribs checked."

I had my stitches removed a few days ago and I was left with a scar but I didn't mind really, it added character. Kylo was angry when he saw that a mark was left on my face but I knew it was only because he still cared. Of course he cared, that's why I was still alive. We had spent the last two weeks almost side by side, but he was sleeping in another room, I knew that kind of intimacy was something we would never share again. At first I thought he was completely lost to the dark side but now I find that to be not so true. He cared about me and that meant we hadn't completely lost him.

With him being by my side almost 24/7, I hadn't been able to contact Leia except once to tell her I was still safe. He was trying to keep me busy and it was working. When I wasn't training, I was being supervised by Storm Troopers, it was awful.

We walked into the Infirmary and I see the same doctor who had worked on me both times before, once when I got hurt and again when the stitches came out. I had learned her name was Artora Kosokhan.

"What did you do this time?" She asked me with a kind smile while ignoring Kylo who was now back in his helmet and standing a few feet away.

"I was training and just wanted to get my ribs checked, they were feeling a little painful." I pull my shirt up and she feels around, making me wince which causes Kylo to step forward, I could see his body tense.