Our Love Will Be Remembered... (Ch 9)

OUR LOVE WILL BE REMEMBERED...

Chapter 9

So I left with a backpack and no destination. A plane ticket to London and then I was free. No ticket to get back because truthfully I didn't really want to get back. What did I have to get back to? All the women I had loved were gone and they were the only important thing for me. Now I had to find another one. Another love. A love that could replace the last aching one.

I found myself starting to despise Wendy during some moments. Why was I feeling so bad about what I had done? Because if I hadn't ended it, if I had just let it go its normal course we wouldn't have been happy. We would have tarnished the loved I ached for now. And we probably would have broken up and what we had would have been meaningless because she would replace me with another one.

And that might have been what it seem I was doing too, but it wasn't. Fay, Margaret and Wendy, I still loved them. I still thought about them. What we had shared had made me. I laid at night thinking about them. I dreamt about them. I missed them. For what they each had given me individually.

Could they have done the same thing if our loved had evaporated slowly and dismissed?

No it wouldn't have.

So now I was alone. Alone with my back pack and my aching memories. And the ghost of my former loves.

I spent one year away.

The three hearts of the women I had loved stayed behind in a safe deposit box in my hometown while I traveled around Europe to find a new one that could outshine all of them.

That year I spent away was one of the most successful, loving worthy. For the three women I had already lost I found three new ones.

Ursula, Darya and Lucie.

I didn't want to see what I had with them has speeding loves, loves that weren't as strong and pure as the three others, because they weren't. They were strong too.

The three of them offered me their hearts, just like they all had, and I graciously took them, with the promise that our love would be remembered. That our love would mean something. That our love would always be strong and that it would never be tarnish.

It wasn't much but it was more than some would ever have.