Our Love Will be Remembered... (Ch 22)

OUR LOVE WILL BE REMEMBERED...

Chapter 22

I stayed a few days at my aunts.

Juliet never spoke again. When she was conscious all she did was stare out the windows towards the woods.

I found it kind of amusing that her name was the same as the doomed character of yet another perfect love story like mine.

But that’s the extend I let my mind think about that young girl. I had no interest in her aside for her well being for my aunt’s sake. I knew it was kind of mean to think that way but I simply could not afford to think about yet another girl, especially not one I wasn’t planning on loving.

Planning on loving… how unromantic? When had I turned love into such a duty?

Anyhow, I didn’t extend my stay more than necessary. I had to go back to school, finish my studies, become a true paramedic, and love someone else. Because loving was all that mattered really…

Loving was… was almost like a drug. Yes, love was my drug, I have to admit. I needed it, I needed to fuel on it. Without my love, without the women I loved, I was nothing, meaningless.

Love made everything meaningful.

So I had to leave, and love.

Before I left my aunt though, she had to bring the subject back and so she took my arm in her hands, looking in my eyes, giving me the serious look. “Your sister changed room if you want to visit her.”

Heaven forbid I could forget about that…

I had hoped she would have understood by now why it was completely useless to visit my sister. It wasn’t my sister anymore. And bringing up the subject to the proverbial table was never something I fancied.  “I don’t want to visit her,” I simply told her.

She nodded, though pinching her lips together in obvious disapprobation, and like that I went back to my old life, the one before Maria, the one I had fled from after killing Hayisa.

It’s by coming home that I realized something.

I would get over Maria with my next love. I would forever and always cherish what she had given me, her love, but as long as I loved someone, I would be okay. Because it wasn’t the specific woman that made a difference, it was the love itself, and so as long as I had my dose of love, I would be happy, I would be fine.

Or so I thought…