37: Lost iPods and Bathroom Confessions

Start from the beginning

"Mia get your tight ass over here or so help me I'm going to come back through there and carry you myself."

Excuse me?

"What did you just–"

"Mia, come on," he interrupts me motioning me to join him on the other side. "Just come through before we make everyone else late."

"Why would your family want to meet the girl who's ruined your career?"

He rolls his eyes, "you haven't ruined anything. Lets just get on the plane."

How can he possibly say that? He and I have never fought, we've never had a reason to until today, but given his behavior at the moment I think the best course of action would be to back down and let him cool off.

"Are you crazy, your furious and I–"

"Mia please..."

His expression might be stern but his eyes are soft melting my heart as well as my conviction to go back home, so I take a deep breath and stand in the machine at security.

Once the scan is complete I go to join Harry but the officer stops me. "Just a moment miss."

I suddenly get nervous. The female guard starts to wave the security wand around my arms and chest then along my legs, my eyes meeting Harry's as she performs further checks. A beep goes on every time it reaches the back of my leg.

"Is there anything in your pocket?"

I reach back and pull out Harry's small iPod, my carelessness and disappointment in myself weighing me down as it is passed to the other side to go through the security ramp.

As soon as it pops out on the other side a very eager Harry grabs it and tucks it in his bag.

"This was a mistake," he mumbles making my heart stop, dread that this idea might spread to his decision to be with me coming up to the surface.

"Harry I'm sorry." I grab my bags and swing them over my shoulder. "I would never–"

"I need a minute, ok?" His voice a little more gentle than before. "Get the rest of your stuff and let's get going."

Harry's personal security guy gives me a hint of a sympathetic look before turning back and following Harry down the hall leaving me with his partner.

He's never gotten this angry with me before. Actually he's barely gotten this emotional with me ever. It was an honest mistake. Harry has to know I would never do anything like he hinted at only moments ago.

I would hurt myself before doing anything negative to him. He's honestly the best thing that happened to me, loosing him would be one of the hardest things I'd have to get over.

Silently I follow him through the airport the lounge. Not knowing where to sit I decide to take a seat in the chair across from him instead of next to him. I put my bags down and pull out my laptop. Harry doesn't seem like he wants to talk and neither do I, so I might as well get some work done.

I don't know how much time goes by until Harry tries to talk to me but I ignore him.

"Love you have to understand how much time and work and–"

"I understand all that Harry," I snap, a sudden surge of pent up emotion taking control. "What I don't understand is how you could think of me so poorly," I give him a hard stare not caring that his green eyes are almost pleading with me. "I would never do anything like that to you. I know Jeff doesn't trust me but I never thought you thought of me in the same way." I explain quietly.