23: Not My Man, AnOther Man

Chapter 23: Not My Man, AnOther Man

"Monica?" I call into my eerily quiet house.

Funny, she's normally drooling at the window whenever Harry drops me off.

Oh god what if she's still with her date... but it's Sunday afternoon, what could they possibly be doing since Friday?

"Monica I'm back and if you're with someone please shout before I walk in on something I–"

"Mia! Oh my god!" She comes bounding down the stairs and right toward me at a harrowing speed.

I least I got through the door this time.

"Did you know you're soon to be lover can pull off a fucking dog collar and leather cuffs?" She bursts giving me a shake. "You better prepare yourself because he must be into some crazy shit."

I stare into my friends eyes at a complete loss. "What are you talking about?"

"The magazines! The one's with his lovely face on them. They. Have. Arrived."

Still Monica looks at me as if I should know what's going on. But I have no idea. I'm still trying to recover from this weekend.

After a very eventful Friday night when I nearly took Harry out of commision, I woke up the next morning in my bed with no recollection of how I got there.

But that was the least of my worries because the dream I had that night... it was completely innocent so get your head out of the gutter. I just so happened to dream about watching Harry in the gym and yes I woke up with a very damp pillow, my mouth open wide, drool actively seeping out of the corner of my mouth.

I hope I dream that again and I am very glad Harry wasn't there to witness it.

Nothing much happened between Harry and I after Jeff showed up with a guilty looking Glenne on his heel. So I ended up spending most of the time I wasn't writing with her as Harry and Jeff talked about whatever they talk about.

Jeff's really secretive about everything. I understand why he is but it's not like I'm about to go out and call TMZ to reveal all Harry's secrets.

You would think after a few months of me being around he'd get that I'm not a threat.

Honestly Harry's more of a threat to me rather than the other way around.

"It's here, it's here," she sings in front of me obviously very excited. "It just showed up yesterday. I didn't even know you could get packages on Saturday, but I guess after they fucked up my order they wanted to make it up to me."

"Mia I have no clue what's happening."

"Your boys spread in AnOther Man Magazine. I mentioned it a few weeks ago and you answered 'ehhh I don't know what he's doing' although if you had known I could have gotten a copy for free."

I roll my eyes at her still not even in my living room. "Please go on," I say sarcastically. "But can you at least let me sit down before you do?"

"Oh you're going to need to sit down for this."

Monica ushers me into the kitchen and onto a stool before I can get another word in.

"Ok at the end of September Harry posted these three white boxes on his Instagram. He hasn't posted anything in a very very long time so it was a very very big deal!" She starts to explain passionately. "Granted it was weird but everyone went crazy for it?"

"Alright I guess I remember you mentioning it."

Monica was just as excited then. I didn't understand it then and honestly I don't understand it now.