37: Lost iPods and Bathroom Confessions

(Yes, we will be blessed with Harry's bare torso in this chapter. You're Welcome and Enjoy.)

My heart frantically bangs in my chest as I search through my bag for the third time.

It's not here.

I don't know what to do and with my guilt rising and anxiety reaching a dangerous level I honestly don't know how I can get on that plane after this.

"Mia where the bloody hell is it?"

Not sure Harry will let me at this point.

His voice is so deep and quiet but not in the sexy tender way I hear when we are alone in his living room and he's teasing me. No, his tone right now is full of fear and anger. But he has every right to feel this way because I lost the one thing that's precious to him, the one thing that could truly break this relationship before it's really begun. THe one thing Harry has worked months on and that he gave to me not two hours ago.

His album.

When he gave it to me I had every intention on listening to it on the plane. Hopefully Harry would fall asleep and I would be left to myself to take in all of Harry's talent and the new identity he's getting ready to show the world.

This is a big moment and I have gone and lost it.

"Harry I don't know," I say nervously as I frantically try and look through my bag once again. "I just had it in the car."

"Well is it still in the car?" He says through gritted teeth, leaning into me in an almost intimidating manner. He's just as anxious as I am but I can't direct my feelings onto anyone because it's my fault. I've done this.

Luckily there isn't anyone around. We're in a private part of the airport I've never been in before. Some vip celebrity check in and security area or something. Who knows and I honestly don't care. I've misplaced Harry's album, the only copy other than the originals, one of the most anticipated albums ever that has managed to go months without being leaked and here I am, his own girlfriend, and I've lost it.

"I can't believe you've done this." He shakes his head turning away from me as if he's given up. I only look at the back of his head for a moment until I start searching through the pockets in my sweater.

Nothing.

"Harry it's not like I meant to," I say tears trying to force their way down my cheeks but I won't let them. "It's not like I've sent it to TMZ or anything."

His head whips around so fast, his stare harsh and pointed I feel about two inches tall. "You might as well have."

And then he steps into the xray thing leaving me all alone.

I know Harry and beneath his harsh tone he really doesn't mean it... at least I hope he doesn't mean to make he feel this small and insignificant.

But then again I've lost his first solo album so maybe he does.

Great, barely an hour in and I've already managed to screw it up.

What kind of holiday can we have if we've managed to reach this point without even stepping onto the plane. It's my fault so maybe I should just turn around and spend Christmas like I had planned, on the couch with Prince.

"Maybe I should just go back home."

Again he stares at me harshly from the other side of security. "No fucking way. Get over here."

"What's the point?" I say weakly right back at him. "You're angry, rightfully so. I've messed this up so horribly so why travel all that way to just keep being angry," I shrug.