52: Gemma's Confession and Something Extra

Harry's bed is my favorite place to be. It's so warm and cozy and soft and he generally sleeps in it with me so that's a plus. For the first time since I got here, I feel comfortable and not under any immediate threat of intrusive questioning. I know there is still a lot to talk about and it will take some time to get to know his family but the dust seemed to have settled a bit.

Here, in Harry's bed, surrounded by blankets and pillows that smell like him, I'm warm and safe and sleeping peacefully.

It's perfect, if only it would stay that way.

I'm more asleep than awake when I hear someone knocking on the door.

Of course, Harry would knock on his own bedroom door. He's the sweetest.

The low creek of the metal hinges tries to pull me out of my slumber but I don't let it, rolling over in the other direction. I pull the warm blanket up and over my shoulder just waiting for Harry to come up behind me to spoon me.

That's my favorite.

"Mia," I hear and if I wasn't so out of it I would probably demand to be spooned but I only grunt back.

After a few moments I feel a tug on my foot and my name again.

"Harry, stop," I whine pulling my foot away. "Let me sleep."

"I would but I have a feeling once my brother knows I'm in here we won't be able to talk."

That is not Harry.

Immediately and with a new burst of energy, I sit up and turn to face Gemma who is sitting on the edge of my bed.

But of course, my life isn't so graceful.

Instead of leaning back against the headboard I push too hard and because my senses are still drowsy and I'm in a weird position, I fall off the edge of the bed and hit my head on the corner of the side table.

"Ouch," I moan rubbing the back of my head as I try to get myself out of the tangle of limbs and blanket I have become.

Why is it that I end up a frantic mess on the floor in front of a Styles?

"Mia I'm so sorry," his sister says leaning over to watch me stand up and take my place on the mattress. "Would you like me to get you some ice?"

"No, it's fine," I groan rubbing my head some more as I get situated at the top of the bed.

Plus if she leaves now I might not let her back in.

I take a few breaths, gearing myself up mentally and physically for whatever she's about to say to me as I cover myself back up with the blanket as an unofficial security blanket. My official security blanket is back in LA probably getting his belly rubbed as he lays in the sun.

Boy, what I wouldn't do to have Prince here, his head resting in my lap as his little stump of a tail thumps against the mattress.

"What is it Gemma," I quietly snap?

Apparently, my sleepy state has me more confident than ever or maybe it was the knock on the head.

"I just wanted to talk to you, that's all."

Talk? Talk!?

It could be argued that what she was doing last night was just talking but you know how well that ended.

And still, I remain silent.

The way I figure it Gemma and I are due for this conversation and while I might have pushed the prospect into the back of my mind, it's happening and it's happening now.