22: Intimate Ankles...

What was I thinking?

I'm sitting here trying to stay calm mentally kicking myself for being so unaware of myself.

I wasn't thinking.

That's what happened. I simply wasn't thinking.

Ana and Christian are soaring through the Seattle sky on the screen and I know what's about to happen between them and I wish I didn't.

Why did I crack so easily?

Why couldn't I have kept my mouth shut about everything?

I'm not prepared for this just as I'm not prepared to do any of the things those two are about to act out on the screen.

Maybe I should pretend to fall asleep.

But this is Harry, he'd wake me up so I don't miss anything.

It's true, he's done just that in the past.

A few weeks ago we watched The Notebook and I fell asleep in the middle of it and he kept pulling at my leg making sure I didn't miss a single second.

Wait a second... there was a romantic scene in that movie and I got through it.

Okay I just need to stay still, pretend like Jamie Dornan's bum isn't making me feel those types of deep rooted feelings and I'll be fine.

Breathe Mia, just breathe.

"Do you want popcorn?" I squeak suddenly with a real need to leave this room.

Without looking over at me he says "No, but feel free to make some if you like."

I shake my head, my first plan suddenly sounding very pitiful.

Maybe wine will help.

Slowly I lean over and grab my glass. Luckily it's still full from before, perhaps it will help.

And it does. My head gets all fuzzy almost instantly and I suddenly have little inhibitions in staring at Harry watch the film. He seems very focused on it, having slight reactions to things. HIs jaw is so straight and sharp.

You certainly can't fake that, he was born with that.

"I want to learn how do that."

I quickly turn to the screen and see Ana take her first step into Christian's Red Room, you know, the one where he does all that stuff.

"Really?" I gulp trying not to spit my drink out on him.

"Ya, don't you think it would be fun?"

Oh please don't look at me.

But he does and I can't take my eyes off of him. My heart is beating a mile a minute and I just might explode.

I should have thought about this. I would have never suggested this if I thought he'd be so interesting in... well in all that.

"Come on Mia," he squeezes my knee. "Haven't you been in a helicopter before?"

It takes me a moment to realize that this was all perfectly innocent, well as innocent as things can be with Harry, and I blurt out the first thing on my mind.

"Oh thank god." I breath holding onto my chest.

"What?" He looks over at me confused.

Come on, you'll get there.

"Oh shit," he sighs tugging his fingers through his hair. "You thought I meant all that," He starts to explain pointing to the screen.

"No no..." he says slowly before his entire demeanor changes. "I mean it's not that I wouldn't be partial to trying out a variation of... I mean maybe a bit more mild version of what they... you know with someone who also wants to try and–"