Reunion

In the cab it was an awkward silence. Neither Delta or Elizabeth knew what to say to the other. Sadly it was a bit of a drive back to camp. Finally Elizabeth spoke up, "Why?"

Delta looked at her straight in the eyes and felt butterflies in her stomach. She gulped and licked her lips before answering. Man she did not like these feelings. "Why what?" Delta played dumb.

"Why'd you push me away? Why did you disappear for a year?" Elizabeth clarified though she knew she didn't have to. "Why Delta? And what's going on now?"

"I can't tell you why I pushed you away, not yet anyway," Delta explained. "As for why I disappeared and what's happening? We're demigods, Lizzy, just like from Greek mythology. I'm the daughter of Poseidon and you're the daughter of Zeus. This is my brother Percy," Delta gestured to him, "and his girlfriend Annabeth, daughter of Athena," Delta gestured to Annabeth.

"Right, cuz that's believable," Elizabeth said sarcastically. Delta didn't say anything else not really knowing what she could.

Finally they reached camp. They climbed up the hill and passed the boarder. When the camp came into view Elizabeth's jaw dropped. They started down but Elizabeth was glued to her spot. Delta turned back and smiled at the sight. She's gorgeous, Delta shook the thought out of her head. "You comin' or what?" She called out to her.

"Oh I'm comin' alright," Elizabeth smiled and winked at her as she walked over to her.

Delta blushed and face palmed. "You haven't changed have you?"

They were now face to face. "Is that a good thing?"

Delta smiled even bigger, if that was possible. "It's an extremely good thing."

They chuckled when all of a sudden Elizabeth stopped and frowned. "I want to be friends again, Delta."

"Do you still like me?" Was all Delta thought to ask.

"Will it affect your answer?" Elizabeth asked in return. Delta shook her head. "Then yes. Yes I do still like you."

Delta smiled. "Okay then. Friends?"

Elizabeth smiled back. "Friends." With that they continued down the hill to Annabeth and Percy who were waiting for them. They walked to the Big House.

"Let me guess, it's called the Big House," Elizabeth said as they reached it.

Delta looked at her shocked. "How'd you know?"

"Well it's a big house and I'm figuring this place has little creativity because everyone's dressed the same," Elizabeth explained her logic. "Except for you for some reason. And your long sleeves in spring."

"Why did I never figure that out?" Delta asked ignoring Elizabeth's remark about her long sleeves.

"Well that's because your intelligence is below average," Elizabeth explained.

"Did you just insult me using big words?"

"Yes yes I did."

Delta laughed and linked her arm with Elizabeth's and leaned her head on her shoulder. Delta missed this. Missed her.

Finally they reached the doors of the big house and Chiron came out in a wheelchair. "I see you found her. Please Elizabeth, come with me. We have much to discuss." Chiron wheeled back inside but Elizabeth was hesitant.

She hugged Delta tightly. "I love you," she whispered. Delta froze. "In a friend way of course."

Delta unfroze and hugged her back. "Yeah of course, I love you too." Though Delta wished she didn't mean it in a friend way. They let go and Elizabeth walked into the house and the door shut.

"So Delta," Percy put his hand on Deltas shoulder, "wanna tell us what's going on?"

Delta turned around facing them. "Meet me at the lake in ten, bring the others." With that Delta walked off toward the lake with a lot on her mind.