Past, Present, and Future

"All of you leave!"

"Li'er, you still came. I knew it well, about you and your senior brother that you hid from me."

"So that was it. You never trusted me from the beginning. And you used that sedating scent on me."

"This is because I want to protect you.I don't want to see you sad. I don't want to involve you in this mission. Your safety and security is my priority. Li'er, I love you."

"Kimhan since you have already completed what you wanted to do. I also should do what I must do next."

"Li'er, you are saying...that you are going to ...kill me...I told you previously war against the mafia is just the method but the goal is peace for the greater good of humanity. You still chose to side your senior brother."

"I do not believe you!"

"That's why you are going to kill me!?"

"Kimhan, you must die!"

"Okay...since you insist on killing me, let us stop this entanglement. Just one sword. Let us end it in a simple and direct manner. Come draw your sword!"

The scene was a sleepy hollow, we both came running drawing sword to each other not because we are longing but full of hatred toward each other. Li'er's eyes were full of anger and hatred but when we are getting close her eyes are full of sadness, longing, hesitation, and love...I did not see hatred towards me...did she hide and lied her true feelings a while ago...too late my sword pierced right into her body...Alas! Li'er withdraw the sword... the pommel hit my chest...my eyes widened on what she did and she fell right in my arms.

"Li'er! Why! Why!?"

"I...I have thought of a way...I cannot bear to hurt the person...I...I love the most. I love you...Kimhan."

"Li'er, wake up! Stay with me! Have you forgotten, I am going to marry you, if not you made me promise to send you off to a monk monastery?"

And she's gone...

After that my life has never been the same. I resigned from FBI but eventually, I landed another job from the CIA though it didn't help much the pain of losing Li'er wasn't healed at all. Finally, I decided to accept a job in the Middle East and then back in Thailand and the rest was a bittersweet memory.

We all knew she was gone. Her, standing in front of me is nostalgic. Am I dreaming? Does this come from the dark side?

++++

"Li'er what are you doing here? Are you for real. We all knew you are gone." I plainly husked.

"You really didn't notice me play with the orchestra for dinner, are you?" Li'er chuckled; she hasn't changed a bit even after five years. She's still home to me.

"Sorry I wasn't really paying attention." I honestly said because I was focused on that long lacy fitted brown gown- wearing woman who's with my best friend the whole night, but I'm trying to shake her off my head now.

"Yeah I know, I say you run out her and she followed you, she looked genuinely devastated, she must love you," Li'er commented.

"She lied to me." I hissed.

"She might have reasons. Why did you not listen to her?" Remember the last time you did not listen to me, it was chaotic." Li'er accused pertaining to the incident five years ago.

"I just----"

"She might have lied but that doesn't affect the way she looked at you, have you grown so hard to not melt from those eyes?" Li'er added.