Burn

Kim...Kim?The enigmatic and eccentric CEO hear a familiar, thundering voice. At first she thought it's only a dream but the voice is getting louder and louder...Kim!" Blaire raise her voice.

Hmmm...Kim hummed.

Kim get up... you need to rise and shine. It is Monday and almost 8:00am, in an hour, we have a meeting. Time magazine, remember? Unfortunately, the CEO did not barge at all.

Goodness Kim! What is with you? Blaire worried as she come closer to the CEO's bed and sat beside Kim, and then she touch her forehead and neck. Goodness! Kim you are feverish. What happened during the weekend? This is no good.

I was ok last Saturday, but Sunday evening I felt sudden chills, headache and colds. My soul is strong but right now, my mind and body over ruled my soul. Can you handle the meeting for today and re-schedule the rest until I get back to the office, Blaire? Kim ask with her eyes closed.

Of course, your recovery matters now. I will ask the house help to bring you soup and medicine. Eat and drink, then take a rest, ok? Do not worry about the meeting. Blaire was worried at all but assured Kim to handle the workload for the day or even for the coming days until the CEO fully recovers.

Blaire just heard a heavy breathing from the sick CEO, a sign it has fallen back to sleep. Blaire kissed the CEO's forehead and walked out from the room.

++++

It is a wonderful Monday for Aom. She is on happy thought of Kim's confession last Friday evening was unexpected, come to think it happened under the rain. Truly, when it rains, it pours. She had a wonderful weekend and even cannot wait for Monday to come. It is 5 minutes on hour of nine in the morning but it seems someone is missing. She went to peek on Blaire's office.

Hmm.. .Blaire, is the CEO coming? Time magazine at 9:00am? As she raise her left wrist.

Good morning Aom! The spirit is strong but the body is weak.

What do you mean, Blaire? Aom was puzzled on the thought.

I went to Kim this morning, fever and colds take a tool on her. P'air is in wanderlust. I want to take care of her but I have to move some of the meeting until she recovers and those that I can handle we will proceed as schedule. I wonder what happened over the weekend. Blaire worried but still trying to compose herself for it is going to be a long day.

Do you want me to check on her? Aom's worried and hoping that Blaire will agree.

Are you sure, it is ok with you? How about your schedule for today? I hope it is not that much to ask from you, especially both of you is like a... cat and dog.

Blaire if you only knew, Aom thought.

Silly! Aom chuckled as she looks at the CEO's best friend. I have prepared and submitted the documents for today's deadline. No worries for anything.

Ok then let me call her bodyguard to drop you off at her house and inform house help or Aunt In on your arrival. If there's anything that Kim need just give me a call.

No problem, Blaire.

++++

Aom being escorted by Kim's bodyguard is greeted by the house help upon her arrival at Kim's apartment located at 23rd floor on the rooftop, with an access code exclusively accessible to Kim and the building management. She is welcomed by a sturdy wooden sliding door with rustic metal frame on each side. Kim's unit is loft style apartment, a modern minimalist type. Aom cannot get enough of the apartment as she roam her eyes. The floor was made of white marble, the kitchen was superb a combination of white marble counter top and white themed cupboard. The living area's ceiling, the middle part is a remote controlled sliding glass that the sunrays can illuminate the entire area, a TV that can rotate 360 degrees, a couch that will let forget to sleep at the bedroom One bedroom was located on the left side most when you enter the apartment. It is combination of cemented, glass and wood apartment. A straightforward type of design, really speaks well of Kim's preference. Aom's revere on the apartment was cut when Aunt In speak.