-1-

I'm alone.

My peers are having a blast at this what you call acquaintance party.

But here I am. At a corner, in the darkness. Only watching in the shadows.

I'm dressed in black and my black hair usually covers my face halfway.

You may think I'm a weirdo, but I'm not. I'm just so shy I simply avoid to catch the spotlight.

I want a peaceful life. I'm content being alone.

One person approaches me. Or am I really the one she's gonna come to? I don't even know.

I try not to make eye contact. It's a hassle being plastic. But in the end it's me who she came for. She's dazzling as she looks down on me.

"Hey, (Y/N)-ssi. Why are you alone here? Come on join us up there," she says, pointing to the stage where all our block mates are.

I politely decline, "No, I'm alright here."

"Okay. But if you want to, we'll be here till cut off time so don't hesitate to join us okay?" she uttered and then walks away to where her shining friends and colleagues are.

Must be nice to be popular. Must feel good to be nice.

As I look at her, one of our year's smartest, prettiest and well-loved persons, I feel little. I feel defeated. I will never be someone like her. Someone loved by all. Someone looked up to by her peers. Someone inspiring and talented. Someone great. And someone like her will never treat me equally or be friends with me. More so love me.

I drown myself in self-pity in this dark corner. In this dark corner is where I belong.

-
-
-

Until I got home today, after another long and tiring day in my last year in college, what welcomes me is the view of my parents talking to a couple, about same age as them, in a very serious mood.

"Anyounghaseyo," I greeted and kiss my parents upon arriving.

"This is (Y/N)," my dad said to the other couple.

They smile at me and my dad and mom gesture that I go upstairs to my room and rest.

I walk up to my room and sigh. Whatever those persons are here for, they might have it tough. I've never seen my parents in that kind of mood since I met an accident a few months ago. Hope it isn't grave enough for them to make drastic decisions.

I feel tired after washing up, I take a short nap.

-
-
-

The next day, a new face shows up in school. Everyone is talking about him. I hear my mates squealing. I bet it's a guy cuz they sound like they want to drop their underwear.

Maybe a celebrity or something is on the school grounds? Like really? The hell do I care.

I continue to scan my notes since first period is calculus. This is where my ratings drop big time, I have to at least be prepared. I sigh, it might not even work even if I die trying though. At least I have to pass, that's the truth.