[Turning You] On! Chapter 5

Start from the beginning

My Dad made his way into the kitchen. “You two made it?” He questioned.

“Yea,” She replied.

“I’ll pass.” He said laughing.

“Mr. C come on they’re good.” She said as she placed one on a napkin and gave it to him. My Dad sniffed it and then hesitantly brought his mouth to it.

“It’s good Dad. Hurry up and eat it.” He laughed and took a bite.

“This is good.” He said.

“See we told you Mr. C.” Brielle stated.

“What are you two up to?” he asked.

“Nothing just testing out this recipe for our project.”

“Yall have been hanging out a lot, especially for someone not to be into guys.” My Dad said. He always did talk too much and that was definitely not the thing to say at the moment.

“We’re doing a project.” I reminded him.

“Yea, of course.” He said looking from me to Brielle. She laughed. “Did you get your mail?” he asked.

“Yup,” I replied. I wish he would just throw the mail away instead of bringing it to my room, it always ended up in the trash anyway.

“You want to go watch a movie?” I asked her.

“Actually I should get going. I’ll see you at school tomorrow though.”

“You need a ride?” I asked her.

“No, I drove.” She told me.

“Bye Mr. C.” She said as I walked her out. I walked her down to her car.

“Are we even going to talk about what happened?” I asked her.

“Not if we don’t have to.” She replied.

“Why not?”

“Because it was nothing.” She said stinging me a little bit.

“I’ll see you tomorrow.” I told her.

“Bye Ters.”

“Bye B!” I said before she got in her car and drove off.

Brielle

I walked into my first class. I was tired and ready for this day to be over with. I saw Terry occupying his seat. I couldn’t believe that we had kissed last night. It was crazy!