Chapter 3 - The Escape

Hello, my lovelies!

I'm staying true to #TakenSunday with a new update (and some of you know exactly hard it had been for me in the past to stick to predictable schedule. I am grateful for all the encouragement and love I have received even when updates were scarce l. I appreciate you all and hope 2018 will be much more productive, easy and fun. What are your goals for 2018?) So another Sunday, another chapter. Hope you will enjoy it.

Let me know what you think about the new chapter by commenting or messaging me (you know I am dying to know your honest feedback, right?). If you feel shy, just click the VOTE (star) button for me, so I just know you're reading and loving the book. :)

And yes, HAPPY NEW 2018 Year! I have big plans for my Wattpad account in 2018 - finishing Taken and Pack Law (book3) are on the priority list. I am also working on some side stories that will make it on my profile late next year (still in the very early stages). I am also thinking of writing a book with ideas and tips about writing (or at least what works for me, as so many of my readers had asked me via messages). I am the first to say, I am no expert, heck, English is not even my first/mother language. But regardless of all, if you ask, you SHALL receive. Let me know what else would you like to see in 2018 ,and I will do my best to make it happen.

THANK you again for reading, and see you next year.... :D)

xoxo,

SteamyHot

(Dec 31, 2017, Connecticut, US)

***

Chapter 3 - The Escape

***

Violet

Falling asleep in the dungeon beside a dangerous rogue was certainly not in the plan. Violet blamed the bond for providing comfort which was welcomed by for both wolf and woman. His bony hand shook her shoulder, making her hiss as his fingers pressed into the still raw brand. She immediately cringed away from his touch, and shielded her eyes from the light. When finally her eyes accustomed to the intensity of the light, his eyes were already narrowed at her with what she could only guess was fury. Next thing she knew, his rough hands pulled at her clothes, stretching her shirt over her shoulder, exposing the angry-looking brand.

"Keep your hands to yourself," Violet shoved him away, growling more out of pain than mortification that he had seen the brand.

"I'm sorry," he said stepping away from her, allowing her a moment to straighten her clothes. Clenching her teeth helped only so much to swallow the pain while slowly yet carefully arranging her shirt back into its place. She didn't wish to brush the material over the sore wound.

There was nothing else left to say, so Violet allowed silence to settle in between them. As the minutes stretched, she kept eyeing the rogue, who was flat out starring at her. They were both waiting for the other one to talk. It was clear he wanted to discuss her abused skin, while Violet found it irrelevant. Hadn't she made it clear? Sure, they were escaping together. But she had a mate to find and his nuts to kick, and she certainly did not have time to deal with pity or misguided compassion influenced by her mark on his scraggy neck.

Besides, was there any point going over the Breeder's stamp on her neck at this time? He certainly didn't need to hear her dismal story, nor did she want to share it. It was enough she managed living it. He did not get to come in and stir her emotions by reminding her just how many times life screwed her over. No. She had plans, and a brighter future she was chasing. In five years, her life, this moment, even him would make a perfect story. But not now. Not when the pain was so fresh, and the memories so raw. Moreover, what could he possibly do other than help her escape? He could not just magically take away the pain, nor the mar of her skin. The bond was making him feel for her, but he had to focus on other things if they were going to make it out of pack's territory. The escape was all that mattered. Everything else was a giant waste of energy and time for both of them. She knew it, and he was going to figure it out the hard way.