Chapter 28- The History Of The Present

All was still. The suspenseful silence rang on along the hallways, seeming to bounce and ricochet off the walls and echo back from an unfamiliar decorated corridor. 

Luke squinted hard and blinked frequently to banish the darkness encircling him, but he was quick to discover there just wasn't any light here. 

He felt a liquid substance beneath him as he stumbled clumsily to his feet, dusting himself off unnecessarily. He could feel the stickiness of it and while the texture and pull was unnerving, he decided to relinquish the idea of further brooding. 

There was no light. The was no sound. He was uncertain there was time. 

'Very strange.' He mused. 

As Luke began his journey through the elongated corridors, he began to reflect. The last thing he could recall was standing in front of the emperor, somehow paralyzed and immobile as he inched closer. His father was knocked away again and unable to get to him before he collided with the cold hard ground. And then pain. Unimaginable pain drenched him in electricity, coursing through his veins at an unnatural speed and savagery, then finally, blissful quiet. 

"Forgive me, my son." 

"Know who he almost became. Know who he will become."

"Son?" 

"Do try your best lord Vader."

"How do you forget the name that ruined your life."

"You will try."

Forgive me, both of you. 

That was, no doubt his father and Sidious. He had only gathered bits and pieces that didn't make any sense as he was blacking out. He knew they were fighting now. He felt his fathers fear and hate as clearly as if it were his own and there was no way, they were going to part ways without a duel. 

And Vader? What did he have to do with any of this. Did he show up as he lost consciousnesses? Was he fighting with Sidious to help defeat his father right now? Questions whirled relentlessly in his brain searching for a base to build reasoning on but it wasn't working. There was only one thing Luke knew for certain when he came to and that was to get out of this strange building by following the force as it led him through the massive, but narrow halls. 

 He ran his fingers along the immaculate decor, the final details making each curio that much more exquisite as he walked along. The only issue was the substance seemingly followed. It trailed along each piece, the name and color still unknown to him in the darkness as he walked without light. The location to where he was strode in was still elusive to his mind. 

Sick of the lack of progress in his search to escape this... stupor, Luke brought his glove to his face, scrutinizing the substance that was undefinable. He pinched it between his thumb and index finger, analyzing it, making a face at how vomitous the texture was. 

His trail was suddenly stopped short as he felt himself smash into something metallic and durable. 

"Oof!" He grunted as he stumbled and met the floor. He shook his head to clear it of distraction and rose slowly back to his feet. Grumbling under his breath, he began to search for a way to open it. As his fingers grazed over a control pad, Luke knew he found it. Smiling in short victory to himself, he went for the button that would open the door, when an unexpected blastershot sliced through the soundless hall. 

Luke let out a yelp of surprise at the sound behind him as he pivoted on his right foot to redirect the blasterfire away from him, silently thankful his blade came to accompany him on his unwanted excursion. However, once he whirled around, weapon glowing a soft green glow on the narrow walls... there was nothing behind him.