Chapter 105. White Hot Words.

I had contemplated staying in my room all morning till I knew whoever Dean had over was gone but I was done tiptoeing on eggshells around him. Instead I made myself coffee, enough for myself and went out into the backyard. I chose my shorts and a sports bra to stand out there with, no shoes as I began the routine that Dean had showed me the morning we went to Red Rock, each breath bringing my nerves back to that calm place. It wasn't too much longer when I heard the door open and voices float through the house. I didn't make any move to hide, just moved my hands in the slow motion that Dean had shown me, breathing in and out with each movement.

"Who is that?" I heard a female voice ask, but I didn't turn, just continued on with what i was doing.

"Uh... that's my roommate." Dean said awkwardly, and I could almost picture him rubbing a hand over the back of his neck.

"Roommate huh? I didn't peg you for that kind of guy." She scoffed, the front door opening and closing a few seconds later.

I heard Dean make his way outside, his feet making soft noises as he crossed the lawn and grab my arm, turning me to face him. He wasn't angry but he wasn't happy either as he looked down at me, hair wild and fluffy and his lips looked swollen. I raised an eyebrow up at him, putting my hands on my hips.

"Are you done with your little show now?" Dean asked, the frustration evident in his voice.

"Well Merry Christmas Eve to you too." I commented, picking up my coffee cup from on the lawn.

"Knock it off. You couldn't have stayed in your room for just half an hour more till she left?" Dean rolled his eyes, obviously exasperated.

My mouth dropped open, not believing how he was acting, especially after the amazing two days we had before. Now it was like he was going back to being old Dean, the one I had first met.

"I'm not one of your 'bros' Dean." I growled, putting quotations up with my fingers, "I don't follow guy code or whatever the hell it is. IF you didn't want her to find out about me you should've waited till I was gone."

"It's my house. I don't have to wait for anyone to be gone to do what I want." He shot back, turning and walking back inside.

My temper flared up and I followed him back in and into the kitchen. Seeing the empty coffee pot he turned around, seeing the cup in my hand and let out a breath that bordered on a growl.

"You're right Dean it's your house but you know what? You wanted me here remember? You were damn happy with yourself when you figured out I wasn't going anywhere." I pointed out, setting my cup down on the table, "So I can't figure out what the hell I did so wrong to you that you haven't fully spoken to me in 24 hours."

"That's not what we were talking about." He shot back, avoiding my questions and I shook my head.

"No but you obviously felt like picking a fight with me this morning otherwise you wouldn't have come out into the yard like you did." I leaned my hands on the table, staring him down.

"Oh I was the one picking the fight?" he asked, the mocking tone making me narrow my eyes, "I wasn't the one standing half naked in my yard Lila!"

"I was doing what you taught me the other morning Dean!" I nearly shouted back, eyes shifting silver as my temper raised up.

"Real convenient Lila, as always." He smirked, shaking his head and.

"What the hell does that mean?" I leaned back, almost shocked at the cynical tone.

"Nevermind." He shook his head, moving around to head back to his room but I was already pissed.