Chapter 5 Long Distance Arguments

3 days later- Tulum Mexico.

Nikki, Brie, Alicia and I were all lying around on the beach, the hot sun beating down on us, the only thing keeping us cool was the drinks in our hands. It had already been an amazing three days, the resort having so much to do. My phone was full of pictures of us scuba diving and on the beach and going out at night. I kept in touch with the boys and Dolph, sending them pictures and telling them that I missed them. It was getting later in the evening. We had actively avoided the other two teams, each of us making sure we all had different things to do and it was going great.

"You talk to your boys at all today?" Nikki asked from next to me, Brie on my other side.

"No." I sighed, head leaned back against the chair, eyes closed under my sunglasses, "Roman told me that I was texting him so much that I wasn't enjoying my time here so he told me to enjoy myself all day. I left my phone in the damn room and I'm doing what he told me to."

"Awe that's cute though. He just wants you to have a good time here." Brie gushed and I smiled, "I can tell you miss him though."

"Ya I do but I am having a good time with you girls. This was absolutely needed and I'm glad I got to go with you." I told them, looking at each of them.

We all touched glasses, enjoying the tropical tastes that seemed to only be authentic in Mexico. This was my first trip here and it was going great. The only thing that was bothering me was walking down the beach with Lana at the moment. Each of us made a face of distaste as AJ and Lana walked by, AJ shooting me a smug look. There was a flicker of triumph on her face that I didn't like and I tilted my chin up, not backing down. They went back to whispering and I could hear them laughing even as they walked further and further away.

"I wonder what those crazy bitches think is so funny?" Alicia scoffed, sitting up on the lounger.

"I have no idea but I know it can't be about anything good." Brie frowned, shoving her glasses on her head.

I followed suit, resting my shades on my head, the sun getting lower and lower. I couldn't get her smug look out of my head and I finished what was left of my drink, trying to shake it off. Looking out I watched the waves crash against the shore, making a soothing sound but even that wasn't helping me at all. Suddenly it hit me, why Roman wanted me to leave my phone alone and why AJ looked so smug today of all days.

"It's Thursday isn't it?" I asked, eyes wide.

Nikki nodded, a frown on her face till she saw mine and realized what I was thinking. Brie and Alicia followed suit, their eyes widening and I shoved everything into my bag at lightning speed, the girls following and draining their drinks.

"Smackdown was tonight. Do you think something happened?" Nikki asked, throwing her shirt on over her bathing suit.

"I don't know Nikki, but I know AJ wouldn't look that damn happy for nothing." I growled, throwing my bag over my shoulder and nearly running up the beach towards our hotel.

I could hear them following behind me as I jogged across the beach, worry building in my gut as I made it into the hotel. I was sharing a room with Alicia and I headed to the elevator waiting till they got in to push the button. It felt like it took forever but it only could have been a couple minutes. As the doors opened I was trying to figure out the time difference, figuring out that Smackdown must have just ended and they wouldn't be back in the room yet. My hands were shaky as I jammed the key card in and dumping my stuff on the floor, lunging across the room for my iPad and going to the WWE homepage. The girls were sitting on the bed, Nikki next to me as I waited for it to load.