Chapter 43 Keeping It Casual

Roman and Dean were gone to the bar despite being a Monday night, leaving Seth and I in the bus alone. I was sure things would be awkward but I was pleasantly surprised. We were lying on his bed, Seth up against the headboard and myself on my stomach, both our feet tangled together at the end. He was flipping through channels as I chatted with Lisa through Twitter on my iPad.

"I'll be honest I was surprised Roman left us alone together after New Year's" Seth chuckled, hand on his chest.

"Well he trusts us," I shrugged, seeing him wince, "Ya and now we feel like shit."

"It's not lying since we're not together." He frowned, glancing down at me, "Right? Or are we?"

"Seth," I rolled my eyes, shutting the iPad off, wiggling over till I was lying on his chest, head on my hands, "I know it sucks but with everything going on..."

"I know, it's terrible timing." He groaned, tucking my hair behind my ear, "Doesn't stop me from worrying you might change your mind."

"I'm not going to stop caring suddenly and change my mind on how I feel ok?" I told him, sliding my hand up his chest to the back of his neck, "Colby I care about you ok, like a lot."

"I do too." He murmured, brown eyes warm as he gazed down at me, "October?"

"Hmm?" I answered, leaning my chin on my hand.

"I'm gonna kiss the hell out of you alright?" he informed me, making me flush, "And I'm gonna pretend that there is nothing going on in our lives and that we can actually be together."

He didn't give me a chance to object before he was kissing me, hand delving into the hair at the back of my head, effectively holding me steady. Pushing myself up I met him move for move, lips clinging to one another. He groaned as he pulled me over him, my back hitting the soft bed, legs hanging over his hip. Throwing my arms over his shoulders I let my hands wander across his shoulders, feeling the muscle underneath his t-shirt. His own hand was wandering down my sides, the warmth of him seeping through me. He broke away, lips trailing across my jaw and down my throat.

"Lila, Lila, Lila," he murmured against my throat as I tried to catch my breath, "What are you doing to me hmm?"

"Nothing at the moment." I teased breathlessly, feeling him chuckle against me.

"I think I knew from the start you were going to be someone special to me." He admitted, bringing his head up from my throat to gaze down at me adoringly, "When I saw you fight, seeing you stick up for your friends, I never thought one day it would be me you'd be fighting for."

"That's life. It changes with the snap," I snapped my fingers to emphasize my point, "of your fingers."

"That is does." He mused, gazing down at me, before burying his face in the hair by my ear.

"Why do you look at me like that Seth?" I asked, making him bring his head up again, the warm light in his eyes.

"Because you're beautiful," he said simply, making me frown, "What's with that face? You do realize you are one of the most beautiful woman I've ever laid my eyes on."

"Beauty was never something I was interested in, it's a fleeting thing," I shrugged as best I could under him, "It doesn't last, not like integrity, respect, courage, honor, compassion, honesty and loyalty."

As I named off each of them I trailed my fingertips down Seth's spine, blindly tracing his tattoo. I knew what Bushido meant and I could see the admiration filling his eyes at my soft spoken words.