Chapter 3 Getting On Track

Paying my fee I walked across the lot, finding our bus easily and walking inside. No one was around as I shrugged out of my jacket, lying it over the back of the couch. Seth's door opened and he walked out, hair scruffy in a bun and shirtless looking sleepy.

"Hey." He called out gently, walking towards me.

"Hey back." I smiled, leaning a hip against the table.

"I'm sorry if we..." he began stopping in front of me.

I didn't give him a chance to finish before wrapping my arms around his waist, leaning my head against his chest. Seth was rarely taken off guard and he retaliated instantly holding me tightly. I could hear his heartbeat in his chest sounding solid and loud.

"I brought everything from Phil into this relationship with you three and all it was doing was causing me more grief and I'm sorry. You're right, all three of you were but I'm going to stop doing that. I need to trust you all fully but I can't do that holding onto the hurt that Phil did to me." I explained, leaning back to look up at him.

"We didn't expect you to trust us right away Lila, especially after everything you went through with him. We knew it would take time." He reassured me, holding my head in his hands.

"I know but the whole time I've been with you so far you have never done anything to hurt me or betray me." I shrugged, my hands still locked around his waist.

"And we never will. I'm guessing you see that now. That's why we don't want you going to the Wyatt's ever. Even if it means helping us." He murmured, wrapping his arms around me again, holding the back of my head.

"I know, but I know now if we all stick together they'll never get a chance to hurt us like that."

"Good, come on. You should get to bed." He kissed the top of my head before letting me go.

"Ya I'm exhausted but I want to apologize to Dean before I go to bed. I kind of snapped on him." I frowned, glancing at his door.

"He went into his room a while ago, I don't know if he's sleeping but you can try." He motioned before walking into his room, shutting the door.

I walked to Dean's door, knocking once and sticking my head inside. The lights were off and he was curled on his bed, back towards me. The crack of light illuminated the top of his head, copper curls glinting dully in the light. I was about the back out when he shifted, his head poking out of the blankets.

"Lila, that you?" I asked, voice deep from sleep.

"Ya I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up." I apologized, keeping the door open only a crack.

"You didn't. When did you get back?"

"Just now, Seth was just coming out of his room when I walked in." I said quietly, "I just wanted to know if you had a minute."

"Come in." he murmured, sitting up, pushing his hair from his eyes.

I slipped inside, shutting the door, leaving us in darkness. Instantly my breath picked up and I had a new irrational fear to add on top of everything. Being in the dark reminded me of the Wyatt's and my breath sounded shallow even to me. I felt a hand against mine and I nearly leapt out of my skin. Grabbing it I let him pull me towards the bed and I sat on the edge, my eyes slowly adjusting. Reaching out I turned on the small lamp on the dresser, bathing the room in golden light.

"I was kind of dick earlier and I won't be able to sleep if I don't apologize about it." I began, pinching the bridge of nose between my fingers.

"You piss me off more than any other woman has ever done before." He muttered, eyes half lidded as he stared at me, "Your braver than any woman your size has a right to be and you have such an attitude when all we want to do is protect you."

"I know and I don't mean to be like this I don't Dean you have to believe me." I agreed, dropping my hand in my lap, "I'm so afraid because the last time someone promised me something they were just empty words."

"Hey I'm not Punk alright," he jerked my chin towards him, catching my gaze, "I actually give a shit and my word is everything to me. So when I say I'm not going to let them come near you or hurt you I mean it. The only way they get to you is through me, Seth and Roman."

His voice wasn't angry but it was firm and I his fingers were holding my chin steady. I met his gaze seeing nothing but honesty radiating from them and I sighed deeply.

"I know so I promise you, I won't go to them." I murmured, pulling his hand from my face.

"Good. Even if you did I was still coming after you." He chuckled deeply, lying back down.

Rolling my eyes I turned the light off and walked out, shutting the door behind me. Seth must have turned off all the lights as I walked into Roman and my room, seeing him lying on his back, iPad in hand. Giving him a smile I emptied my pockets on the dresser before stripping off my shirt, pulling on an old t-shirt of Roman's. I heard him shift and I knew he was giving me a bit of privacy as I threw my jeans off, pulling on a pair of shorts.

"How was seeing Mark?" he asked, turning back to face me.

"Good, he's getting wiser in his old age." I grinned, quickly wiping my face free of make-up and throwing my hair into a loose braid on the side.

"I'm sure he appreciated that." Roman grinned, throwing the covers back as I slipped in lying on my side, facing him.

"Of course," I sighed, settling against the pillow, "Are we ok?"

"Why wouldn't we be?"

"I don't know, maybe because I was being a stubborn ass in the locker room." I shrugged, seeing him glance over at me, eyebrow raised.

"One little disagreement doesn't change anything baby girl, it's gonna take a whole lot more than that to make me feel anything different towards you." He assured, turning the iPad off and slipping his arm under my pillow, "Sometimes you just don't make it easy to protect you."

"I know and that's what Mark said as well," I nodded, resting my head and hand on his chest, "It's why I'm agreeing to what you said."

"Really?"

"Really. It's about trust and I trust you. All three of you to make sure they don't get their hands on any of us." I said simply, closing my eyes.

"They won't. You can believe that." He chuckled, voice rumbling against my hand.

"Cheesy."

He reached over my and shut the lamp off, shrouding us in darkness. The dark wasn't so bad when Roman was right there, arm resting against my shoulder. I was curled up against his side and soon was warm enough to fall asleep.