Chapter 32 The Three Who Mean The Most To Me

We had a half an hour to go before midnight and I was sitting alone, feeling pretty drunk and watching people mingle. I had lost Roman and Seth during the party, both of them hits of the night. Lisa popped out of nowhere, plopping down next to me looking flushed and out of breath.

"Are you having a good time?" she asked, nearly shouting over the music.

"Oh absolutely." I nodded, "Were you dancing?"

"For the last twenty minutes. I missed this place with you." She told me, throwing her arms around me, "But I'm worried about you, sitting here by yourself."

"Trust me I'm great. This is what I wanted, both of my family colliding." I told her, seeing her eyes light up.

"I'm gonna go find Mark, do you need anything?" she asked, getting up and I shook my head no, watching her dive back into the crowd.

Leaning on the table I watched people dancing and talking all around the bar, not seeing Dean anywhere. Scanning the crowd again I saw him walking out of the bathroom, looking angry, Jeff walking out after him. I knew something was up but I didn't want to get into an argument at the bar with him. I knew he would bring it up at some point but for now I ignored it. Suddenly Seth was next to me, replacing my suddenly empty glass with a full one.

"Lila, my Lila. Why are you sitting alone?" he rambled, pulling me close, sounding a bit drunk.

"I just want to watch everyone having a good time. It makes me happy." I laughed, leaning into him.

"Oh damn." He groaned and I looked up, seeing where his gaze was.

Dean was at the bar with that same blonde only she was alone. Dean leaned over, brushing her hair from her shoulder with a flick, giving her my favorite lopsided grin, dimples flashing at her. I kept my face calm as I watched her lean towards him, biting her lip and looking up at him through her lashes.

"He just can't give it a rest for one night." Seth grumbled, sounding fed up.

"He's a guy, it's in your DNA." I teased, ripping my gaze from Dean to smirk at Seth.

"You don't see me doing that do you?" he shot back, brown eyes sparkling and I stuck the tip of my tongue out at him.

"You're sitting with me aren't you?" I teased, biting the inside of my lip.

"True, you win this round." He nodded, touching my nose.

Pulling his phone out he put the camera on and I leaned closer, head lolling on his shoulder, cheeks pressed against each other. Snapping the picture he saved it before sending it to me, my phone vibrating on the table.

"We look drunk." I laughed softly, looking at the picture.

"Yes we do." He grinned, arm over my shoulder.

"Holy shit it's like 10 to midnight. There's something I wanted to do." I jumped up, making my way to the crowd and shooting Tom the signal. He nodded and I walked to the booth and grabbed a mic, standing on a platform facing the crowd. The song ended and I heard the mic crackle, signalling that it was on. Taking a breath I calmed down, pretending it was just like being in the ring.

"Hey can I get everyone's attention for a moment?" I called out, my voice ringing out through the crowd.

It took them a moment but everyone turned to find the voice, seeing me standing up, a good foot over the crowd. Seth and Roman found each other in the crowd, making their way near the front, Roman signalling Dean who ignored him. I raised the mic up, seeing Mark, Jeff and Lisa coming up next to them.