chapter 6; happiness

it was the 31st of december. it was 5 am, so of course yoongi was sleeping. hoseok, on the other hand, was straightening out his suit. they were going to go to a fancy restaurant, then they were going to go shopping for anything yoongi wanted, then go home and cuddle. sounded ordinary enough, but the twist was that hoseok had a surprise for yoongi.

after hoseok finished, he went to the kitchen to make his favorite --and only-- baby some pancakes. hoseok always told yoongi how spoiled he was, but it was honestly hoseok's fault.

he started making pancakes without making too much noise, because it was barely 6 am and if yoongi woke up right now it wouldn't be good at all. after almost dropping the same bowl three times, hoseok finished and went to take a shower. he decided to wear his glasses today.

hoseok set up the table and put cartoons on, since yoongi didn't need to be big today. not yet. once it was almost 8 am, hoseok went to wake yoongi up. said boy was curled up under the blankets, hugging hope, his favorite plushie. hoseok took a picture of that and smiled, then picked him up, making yoongi squeal in surprise and fear.

"i almost died!" yoongi whined, pouting adorably and throwing his plushie at hoseok's face. the latter laughed wholeheartedly, hugging yoongi close."i made pancakes," he said, smiling. yoongi nodded and got up on his feet, taking hoseok's hand and walking to the living room. he put on his fuzzy socks and sat down, beginning to eat.

"yoongi, we're going out today, okay? we're going to go shopping first, then we're gonna eat at a restaurant, and finally we're coming back home so we can cuddle until its new years," he said, and yoongi nodded, his little gummy smile showing. hoseok was so in love with him it almost hurt.

after yoongi finished eating his breakfast, hoseok gave him a bath, wrapped a fluffy towel around him and carried him to their bedroom. "what do you want to wear, baby? remember we're going somewhere fancy, so you can't wear something you'd usually wear when we go out," hoseok said slowly, and yoongi nodded.

he picked a black turtleneck with black high waisted jeans, and black vans. hoseok smiled and put on a turtleneck as well, a coat, dress pants and finally dress shoes. he wanted to impress yoongi.

yoongi smiled at hoseok, wrapping his arms round his neck and kissing him lovingly. "ready to go?" hoseok asked, and yoongi looked like he was about to slap him. "i didn't even put my makeup on!" he gasped, rushing to the bathroom to put on faint eyeliner and a bit of eyeshadow. hoseok laughed and told him he was gonna wait for him in the car.

after both of them were in the car, hoseok made sure he had everything. after hiding something in his pocket, he started driving to the shopping centre. once they were there, yoongi grabbed hoseok's hand and started walking around. since it was new years eve, there weren't much people around.

yoongi bought some clothes for himself, plushies, and other things he didn't let hoseok see. but by the way yoongi was blushing, hoseok could guess what he bought. "okay, i think that's all. let's go!" yoongi said excitedly, tugging hoseok out of the fifth shoe shop they've visited that day. they were back in the car, driving to the expensive restaurant hoseok made reservations for.

yoongi smiled down at his food. this was good. the food was good, he felt good, and hoseok looked good too. but he always looked good. yoongi didn't notice he was staring at hoseok for too long until the older clapped in front of his face. "you zoned out, love. also, not trying to hurry you up or anything, but in one hour it's new years and we have to go home," he whispered. yoongi nodded and finished his food, and they were back in the car for the third time.

hoseok parked the car and got everything off. he was planning on surprising yoongi at the restaurant, but the shopping trip took longer than he expected it to. he set the bags on their bed and changed out of his clothes, making sure he had the surprise in his sweatpants' pocket.

hoseok set up the camera and made his best to hide it. he sat down on the couch and waited for yoongi to change his clothes and join him.
soon enough, the younger was curling up on hoseok's lap, kissing his chest lovingly. hoseok took a deep breath and smiled.

he set yoongi aside and stood up, where the camera could record the both of them. "we've been together for almost a year and a half, and i know this sounds cheesy, but i've been happier lately just because of you," he started. yoongi didn't know what to think or do, so he just looked up at hoseok with his eyes tearing up a bit.

"and i'm terrible at words, but i hope you know how much you mean to me. how much i love you, and how much i need you." he continued softly, looking at the clock. 3 minutes left. he sighed and looked down at yoongi, slowly kneeling on one knee and reaching into his pocket. as if on cue, yoongi's hands flew to his mouth, covering it, little happy tears beginning to slide down his cheeks. 11:58. "min yoongi, would you marry me?" he asked softly. yoongi nodded quickly.

"of course, you idiot," he whispered, making hoseok giggle through his own tears. he pulled yoongi up and kissed him, hugging him close just as fireworks started outside the apartment. "happy new year, baby," hoseok whispered, hugging yoongi close.

in yoongi's opinion, 2018 was off to a good start.