"Oh look, there's Lindsey! Lindsey!" she waved, calling him over.

The bashful young man moved toward the table, smiling when he saw Stevie. "Hello, angel" he said, leaning down to kiss her. "Hello, Mrs. Nicks."
"Hey, Lindsey!" Barbara rubbed his arm.

"Hey, baby," Stevie hugged him tightly

"Thank you for coming to see me."
"I couldn't think of anything I'd rather do more! Can you sit for a minute? Or will you get in trouble?" Stevie asked.

Lindsey looked over his shoulder and he nodded. "I can sit, but not long."
Lindsey placed his hand on her stomach, "How was shopping?"

"It was fun! We bought a lot of clothes."
"For you or for Sara?" He smirked.

"For both of us. Girls need a lot of clothes."

"As I'm sure I'll find out." Lindsey said.

"So how is your day going?" Stevie asked. "I've missed you today."
"It's been pretty good, I've had a few girls try to flirt with me though..." he felt it was his duty to tell her that, Stevie finding it adorable that he informed her, "but I didn't pay attention to them."
"You're a handsome guy, Linds. Of course girls will fall all over you. That just makes me even luckier to be with you."

He smiled, kissing her again. "I've got to go, but I'm so happy I got to see your beautiful face today."
He gave her a sweet kiss, standing from the booth and rushing to clean an empty table
"He's grown up so much lately" Barbara said.

"He has." Stevie sighed dreamily. "Every time I think I can't possibly love him any more, I just do."
"I am so happy that you have a partner that supports you. I bet most of the girls at school don't have that...Lindsey really is a wonderful man."

"I really want to marry him, Mom...."
"I know you do, sweetheart. School first then we can revisit the marriage thing later."

Stevie nodded. "Sooner rather than later?" she asked.

Barbara chuckled. "Yes, TeeDee." She stroked her daughter's glossy hair. "I can see the two of you are truly in love"
"Do you think that Daddy will let the baby stay at our house? I don't know if I want to leave them with you or Lindsey when I give birth..."
"We can talk to him about it. You seem like you're really warming up to the idea of being a mama recently."

"I think I am. I'm really excited about this baby. I know it didn't happen at the right time and I should have at least finished high school but I love her."
"There's no doubt that you love her. You or Lindsey. You have matured so much in the past five months. I am so proud of you..." tears grew in her eyes

"I love you, Mom..." Stevie smiled, misty eyed herself

"What can I get you ladies?" The waiter interrupted their moment, Stevie looking to to see one of the boys who were picking on Lindsey
"A different waiter" Stevie said, setting her narrowed gaze in him.

"TeeDee!"

"I will not be served by someone who can't even respect their fellow employees."
"I'm not sure I understand..." the waiter said, puzzled

"I watched you bully my boyfriend for taking pride in what he does..."
His face turned bright red and he looked down at his shoes. "That guy's your boyfriend?"
"You seem surprised?"

"Well-I mean- he's...retarded."

Stevie saw red, "What did you just say?!"
"I'm not saying anything bad, it's a fact."

"It's not a fact." Stevie stood up angrily. "I won't have you talking about the man I love that way!"
"Lady, chill out," he held up his hands
"I will not 'chill out'!"