MBK3

I woke up in the middle of the night to soft whimpers and I knew exactly who it was coming from it's been a week since that man been in this house and every night I hear my brothers cries. It made me question what has this man been doing while I was not in this damn house just the thought of him doing anything harmful to my brother made my blood boil but it wasn't only him it was my cousin as well she would walk around the house emotionless and stay locked in her room missing days of work and as for my mom I couldn't even read threw her she just walks around with a fake smile acting as if everything is perfectly fine. I rose from my bed and walked over to Chresanto's bed where he laid tossing and turning I sat at the edge of his bed and softly shook his shoulder it took a couple of seconds before he woke up breathing heavily he sat up and wiped the layer of sweat that coated his forehead.

"What's up Santo's talk to me man." I pleaded he shook his head.

'Nothing it was just a nightmare.' He signed. I pinched the bridge of my nose and shook my head. Do I keep pushing on the subject or just drop it and go to sleep? Before I got to pick there was a knock at our room door I stood up and slowly walked to the door and opened it just a little so I could see who it was.

"Maria?" I question opening the door fully giving her access to our room. She walked in and went straight into my bed getting into my covers.

"No come on Maria where am I suppose to-" Before I got to finish Chresanto roughly pulled me down on his bed so I was now sitting he looked at me and shook his head. I sighed and told her forget it and allowed her to fall asleep in my bed but that meant I had to sleep with my brother and I haven't done that since we were four years old. I looked back at Chresanto who was already turned the other way asleep I let out a sigh before getting under the covers laying on my side so our backs were facing each other.

The next morning was a blur the only thing I remembered was Chresanto pushing me off the bed. I shot up and gave him a evil glare.

"The heck Santos?" He laughed and laid back into his bed it was Saturday so he had all the time in the world to relax meanwhile I have to do two to three laps around the park.

"How about you get off your lazy ass and come jog around the park with me." I said pulling on a pair gray basketball shorts and a white T shirt along with my roshie runs. I tyed my hair into a puny puff and walked over to the door opening it.

"I'll be down stairs hurry up and tell Maria when she gets up to make my bed chop chop." I jogged down stairs and seen Christopher wasn't there and my mom sitting at the table drinking a cup of coffee while doing something on her iPad.

"Morning ma." I pecked her cheek and walked over to the counter where the smoothie maker was at.

"So I heard from Brianna's mom that you have been avoiding her lately why's that baby you guys were good together." I let out sigh and shook my head grabbing a pack of protein powder to add into my smoothie.

"It's nothing ma I just needed a break from her I'm going to see her today." I answered truthfully walking over to the refrigerator grabbing out a banana and low fat milk along with some ice from the freezer. I walked the stuff back over to the counter and placed everything down and began to cut up the banana.

"Morning baby." I turned and seen Chresanto standing at our mothers side leaning down kissing her on the cheek as well.

"Santos you want one?" I asked while dropping a tray of ice into the blender he turned to me and nodded.

"So momma when is Christopher leaving?" I questioned stopping my self from what I was doing I held the empty tray in my hand as I turned and looked at my mother and watching as Chresanto took a seat across from our mother bending over and tying his shoe lace glancing at me and our mother here and there.

"I don't know Jacob he'll be gone soon I promise." I rolled my eyes and shook my head turning back around placing my finger over the white button not pressing it just yet.

"Don't keep promises you can't keep momma you and I both know he's going to be here for long time." Before she got to say anything I rudely cut her off my pressing down onto the button.

'Why you so hard on mom?' Chresanto signed as we jogged around the park I stopped and leaned over placing my hands onto my knees breathing heavily looking at Chresanto from the corner of my eyes I stood up and placed both my hands behind my head.

"Im not it's just that she has no back bone when it comes to him like why can't she kick him out." I sighed and dropped my arms to my side. "Enough talking we have one more lap to go." I said taking off he looked at me from behind and shook his head beginning to run. I am not being hard It's just something do not seem right a week is to long for me like I shouldn't even be stressing like this I and my track team will be going against one of the most known track teams in the world I am one of our fastest runners I need to be focused things like this shouldn't even be happening right now. Once we were done I decided to make one more run and that was over to Brianna's house along with Chresanto.

"Come we're almost there." I laughed he looked up at me and took a deep breath running faster I shook my head and looked ahead of me.

As we approached her house I started to slow down only because I seen her, her loud mouth best friend and some guy. I walked a little closer and seen Brianna stand up and wrap her arms around the guys neck and jump onto him wrapping her legs around his waist. My eyebrows knitted together as I watched as it played out Chresanto ran along side me and nudged me I held my hand up and pointed to what it now looked like Brianna kissing the guy as her friend jumped up and down clapping like some bird. I didn't even know what to do. I know we got into a argument but this was uncalled for. I bit my lip and decided not to go over there I turned and blinked my eyes a few times to stop the tears that threatened to fall. Three years I guess wasn't enough for her.

"Santos lets go." I said but when I turned he was making his way down to her house my eyes widen as I followed behind calling after him causing Brianna to pull away and look over at me shocked she jumped down and covered her mouth walking up to Chresanto I could already tell she was making every excuse in the book when I finally got over there Brianna walked over to me and tried touching me but I snatched my arm away looking at her in disgust.

"You're pathetic you know that you both are." I said referring to her friend. "This is what you wanted huh? I mean you acting happy once they kissed." She didn't say anything because she knew I was right I turned and looked over at my EX girl friend.

"Bab-" I held my hand up and shook my head.

"Lets go Santos it looks like it's going to rain." I took a deep breath and cracked a small smile. Deep down I was hurt but I wasn't about to show it.

"We are over." Was all I said before grabbing Chresantos arm pulling us down the street.

"No more girls bro no more I need a break." Thing is wasn't the only thing I needed a break from though.