Thank You

There aren't really words to express how thankful I've been to have you, the faithful readers, here with me. I know I can be beyond frustrating with my long gaps between posting. Sometimes it's personal, sometimes, like with the epilogue, I think of something better at the very last minute, and sometimes I just get hit by a freight train of writer's block; but you guys never gave up on me and I thank you for that.

When I started writing this my life was a mess. Much to my distain, it continued to be a mess throughout the course of the book. Much to my surprise, though, you were patient and helpful when I needed it and I'm so happy to say that it seems to be on the mend.

In the book I touched on the concept of family. Most people hear family and think that it means you're related by blood; and I know better than anyone that is not the case. All of my siblings, despite having the same mother, have different dads. We are not 100% blood related. We all have another mother who is not related to us biologically but is still that—our mother. We have a stepmother who treats us as if we are her own children. I have nieces and a nephew where if, greater power forbid, anything ever happens to their parents I would I'm a second be willing to care for them like a mother. I have friends that are like more siblings than I could have ever imagined.

Family is not blood. Family is the people who care for you and vice versa. In the years I've been writing this you have become my family and I hope that I've become like yours. You've seen me through tough times with support and love and I can never thank you enough. So thank you for making me feel so loved and for helping me to realize just how greatly you can care for people you've never even properly met.

People like you are destined to make a great change in the world.

Bella