Ch.18 Tired

*Carter's POV*

"Hey Sharice, your drawer is short $5." I said after recounting for the 3rd time.

"Uh uh, my drawer is not short, you can't count boo." She said giving me a stank look.
Just because I'm a little nice to the employees around here, I feel like they're starting to take advantage of that.

"I counted it twice, so either you replace the money, or I'm going to write you up, this isn't the first time money has gone missing from your drawer specifically." I said and kept a stoic look on my face to show her I'm serious.

"Oh, do you got a man now and moved out ya mama house and you feel like you the shit huh?" She said

"I- It's" I began but she cut me off.

"I'm telling you, I ain't stole no $5." She said walking away.
All I could think about was the fact that she used a double negative in her sentence which makes the opposite of what she was TRYING to say true.

I shook my head and got out the papers to write her up, for the missing cash and insubordination. I paged the other general managers to sign off on it since I needed 4 signatures, then sent it to my boss.

"We need another cashier out here Carter, maybe you should worry about that instead of tryna say I stole some," Sharice said sticking her head inside my office. I was really getting tired of her attitude.

I made my way to one of the registers and started cashing people out myself instead of calling people in.
I stood there for the remaining 4 hours of my shift, no breaks at all as people kept coming and coming and coming.

There was finally a break in the line and I put the 'closed' sign on the counter and cashed out the last two persons. But of course there had to be some drama.
A third person joined the line and after I finished cashing out my last person I pointed out to her that the station is closed and If she could please proceed to another register.

"Y'all always gat people just walking round da damn store but neva gat enough cashiers, I'm tired a comin in here and waitin in dem long ass lines, so you gone cash me out hoe." She yelled and everyone turned towards the commotion.

"There's no need to yell ma'am." I said as calm as possible.

"Don't say nun to me, I said cash me out." She said and at this point I was bored of her attitude and ready to go home, lord knows I don't wanna hit overtime, my boss doesn't like to see that.

I payed not attention to her tantrum and cashed her out quickly, after I was done I asked for her ID card and ran to my office to make a copy.
"Ma'am you're no longer allowed within 100 feet of this vicinity, due to you're boisterous behavior, if you are caught you will be fined for trespassing or be put in jail for a week if you fail to pay the fine." I said retaining my composure.
Her mouth opened wide and as she was about to speak, I walked off, my shift was over 30 minutes ago and I was ready to go home.
It took me 45 minutes to get to Jason's home and when I finally arrive, I had to practically drag myself up the stairs, I don't know how I did this when I wasn't a manager. Plus everyone's attitude today was overwhelming.

"Hey babey" Jason greeting still focused on playing Madden when I walked in the room.

"Hey," I said grabbing some clothes from the duffel bag I had, then going to take a shower.
The warm water felt divine rolling off my aching back. I got out and changed into some pajama pants and a tan camisole, the hopped in the bed on the farthest corner away from Jason, I still remember what he did this morning.

"You look dum tide CC." He said pausing the game and getting closer to me.

"I am, people were suuuuper rude today and I had to be on register so my feet and my back are killing me, I just wanna rest," I said secretly pleading for him to not be sexual, Incase he was thinking that.

He took ahold of my legs and dragged me to the center of the bed. I payed there lifeless just feeling my body being dragged. "Ha bout dis," he started, "Relax an put ya feet on me, I'll rub em for yuh,while I finish dis game." He said leaning closer to my lips. I nodded swiftly hoping he'd back away but instead he smashed his lips to mine and the nosy little butterflies surfaced in my stomach one again. It wasn't just a peck but there was no tongue involved, I liked it, a lot. I like how he just took what he wanted, no questions asked.

He sat up facing the huge flatscreen that was mounted on the wall in front of us and I placed my feet in his lap.He had both hands on the ps4 controller, but yet he was doing a great job with my feet.

"Yuh know yuh don't gotta be workin right," he said after a while then glanced over at me.

"Why not?"I asked puzzled.

"Cause I gat us, I gat enough fa yuh to be at home gettin ya nails done and all dat shit y'all females do." He said pausing the game once more.

"I mean I understand what you're saying, but I'm not gonna quit-,"

"Y nat!?" He says raiding his voice a little. "I can treat yuh like ma lil princess, getchu whateva, wheneva!"
He says staring in my soul waiting for a reply, and while I didn't wanna say anything, I had to.

" Cause what if we don't work out!we're barely even dating, I don't even know what to expect!" I said getting louder with him.

"HA MANY TIMES I GOTTA TELL YUH,YUH MA GURL!" He yelled and his voice boomed off the walls.

Tears welled up in my eyes, god knows I don't like being yelled at and the hard glare he was giving me right now wasn't helping. I was like a baby when people full on yelled, I felt small and not in control, I felt powerless and useless.

His phone rang, tearing away his glare, he went outside the room to answer it and a tear ran down my cheek followed by a sob.
I never been in a relationship before, I really have zero friends, being so close with someone who wasn't my mom was abnormal to be and due to my lack of socialization I don't know what the heck being someone's girl meant.