Distractions from loss.

Ugh gosh it's been two months! So much has happened since then.

"Seriously I can't stand him. I don't get it." She uncoils a curl from her large mane as she explained her distaste for Scorpio. "Why would he string you along? What's the point? If he's not going to trust you again after this, I say you let him have at all his hoes. Yeah, you cheated. But gosh he's the hoe of hoes and you were always going through trouble trying to figure out what his latest hoe is yapping about next-" "Okay Myra, but that's the thing. He's upset, because the entire time of our relationship he was on his toes worrying about me not trusting him, just for me to turn around and be the one that cheated. I understand why he's mad. This is like the first relationship he's had where he was loyal just to get cheated on in the end" I blindly defend him against my sister. "Are you fucking kidding me? He's upset that he decided to be loyal? Does he want a tap on the back? The fuck?" I sighed. He had a right to be upset. "Fuck him man." I looked up at her surprised as I took a sip from my slurpee. Why was she getting choked up and emotional? "We just lost our fucking mom and he's holding shit against you because you were an emotional wreck while he was ignoring your calls? You needed him and he wasn't there." She raised her voice as tears formed in her eyes. "Listen my relationship may be messy as hell, but Trevor was there with me the whole time." I stared at the ground as her words resonated with me. "Maybe I'm taking this too hard...but you're taking it even harder on yourself as if you didn't just lose mom. I think you're using this whole situation to distract yourself from the real loss you just experienced, because losing a boyfriend should be in no equivalence to that of the loss of family. Don't get dick blinded." I slurped harder without realizing I was getting a brain freeze. Eighty percent of what she had to say was more than right. I nodded in agreement.

I was heartbroken, but I had heavier things to worry about. If he wouldn't do it, I would. I decided I had to end things. Officially.

"What should I say to him? Where?" I replied. "Where? With the cold shoulder he's been giving you, just text him." She says. Text? Yeah that was easier. Too easy though. "I'll call him." I said. "No. You'll get emotional. He doesn't deserve to hear that. He hasn't wanted to hear your voice these past two weeks. Why now?" God She is harsh. "Don't you think-" my phone began ringing. A caller ID neither one of us expected to see appeared. He himself. Amyra rolls her eyes as she picked up my car keys. "I'll be in the car." She says as she made her exit.

I didn't speak at first so the line was quiet for about a good 4 seconds. "Amira?" Oh his voice. "Uh hey" I replied. "Listen we gotta talk." He said. "Why now?" I asked. "Hm? Well it's important." He said. "Don't you think it was important when my mom passed and I needed you most?" I said bluntly. He seemed surprised. "Wait where is this coming from?" He asked. "You weren't there for me. Okay? I put all that guilt and shit on me. The guilt of never giving my mom a chance, the guilt of being a terrible sister, a terrible friend, a terrible girlfriend and a cheater. If you cared about me you wouldn't have let me get into such a dark place. Over me cheating...I wasn't even sober. I wasn't even in the right place of mind. And you were fine with making me feel even worse. Even when I texted you about my mental state you just...didn't care." I finally let it all out. "You have to be held accountable for your actions. Your mother passing isn't an excuse to cheat." He said. "You're so insensitive. I didn't say it's an excuse. I accepted everything dark you've ever done. Everything." "This isn't what I called to talk about." He said. "Well it needs to be talked about." I said. "You're not safe. Okay." I rolled my eyes. "Excuse me?" I asked. "I've been hearing some things. I really need to see you. Please." I sighed. "Fine." "Can I pick you up at 8?" He asked. "Okay." I replied.

I have a feeling that this chapter will make most feel confused and indifferent lol don't worry. That's the point.

~Memori