No breaks.

Cynthia had went into labor and at the moment I was in science talking with Red. We had free time, after finishing our exam, so we were planning on going to visit her once school was out. Red was ecstatic and has been smiling since we found out. She was happy to be an aunt. "Is Trevor already there?" I asked. "No. He left and went to your house last night, but my mom keeps texting him and calling but he ain't answering. I swear he just doesn't give a f**k. It's sad. He can be a deadbeat dad if he wants but I won't be a deadbeat aunt to my nephew and that's all I know. Ecspecially not if my best friend is the one having the baby. He's just not s**t. You'd think he'd care more about the fact that he'll be a dad soon, instead of these ho-" she looked away, obviously frustrated. "Sorry.." I said. She looked back at me. "It's not you." She said. "But it's Amyra." I replied. She sucked her teeth, then sighed. "He's a grown man, Amyra's got nothing to do with his decisions and she's not forcing him to do anything. He's just dumb and selfish." She continued to rant on and I just listened. I could tell she's been holding a lot in. The end of class neared, and the bell was to ring in about 5 minutes and then we'd head to lunch. Some of the students were waiting by the door, ready to leave. When suddenly, Scorpio walked into the classroom. I groaned in annoyance, I had been avoiding him and didn't expect him to just barge into a classroom. "Shawn do not just interrupt the middle of my teaching!" Ms.Johnson raised her voice at him. "Shut up, this class is over in a couple minutes." He says back, and catches my eyes. He pointed at me and motioned for me to follow behind him, before he left the class. He was obviously angry and I didn't want to deal with it but I knew I had to at some point. For a short moment I contemplated on whether I should follow or not. But of course, me being me, I grabbed my things and hurried out the class, away from the staring eyes. I ignored Red's glare. She didn't know exactly what was going on with Shawn and I, but I just told her he got me into mess and that was all. She was just being a good friend and didn't want me getting hurt. I shut the door behind me and looked around the hall, it was empty. I wanted to get to lunch at a decent time so I wasn't in the mood to play games. On top of that I was for sure certain that Ms.Johnson would be taking some type of disciplinary action for me leaving class and Shawn disrupting it. I decided to take advantage of the time and just to go to lunch ahead of time. Just as soon as I turned the corner, Shawn's tight grip was on my arm as he pushed me against the wall. I was caught off guard. "What the hell is wrong with you?" I shoved him. "Don't ever come to one of my classes again, you'll get in me in trouble and I don't need to hear anything more from my dad." He rolled his eyes. "I don't care about that right now, why are you avoiding me?" I didn't respond. "What? You can't hear?" He said. "I can." I shrugged. "I've been being patient for too long. I've given you your time, but we're going to have to talk about this at some point." He said. "About what?" I asked. "About us. Don't play dumb cause I'm really not in the mood to skip around the bush alright?" I held my breath out of frustration and nodded. The bell rung and he backed away. "Come on." He said, taking me by the wrist as the other students began to fill the halls. We walked to the cafeteria not speaking with each other. I broke away from him and began walking toward my usual table. "You don't wanna eat?" He called. I shook my head. Moments later he was back at the table, he slid the tray in front of me. I looked up from my phone. "I'm not hungry." I said. "Can't you just eat?" He said. "You wanted to talk so let's talk." I said. "I just want to know what's going on." He replied. "I don't know..I've just been thinking that maybe we should probably just-" I paused, choosing my words wisely. "We should take a break." I say. He winced in disbelief. "Uh yeah..No." He responded. "No?" I repeat. "Yeah, my answer is no." He says. "It wasn't a question." I said. "I don't care, if you want to break up then say it, if you want to stay together then say it but I don't do breaks." He said. "What's wrong with a break?" I asked. "Why do you want a break?" He said. "Because I just do." I rolled my eyes. "Breaks are just excuses to go f**k another person and I'd rather not like to find out that you did something with some other guy on the 'break'. So no breaks." He snapped. I was getting really annoyed with his attitude. "Why are you so upset?" I asked. "Because you've been ignoring me Amira!" He raised his voice and it actually startled me. I felt guilty in a way. "Could you please not yell." I said, upset that my voice came out so small. "Sorry, I'm not trying to yell." He said, reaching across the table to hold my hand. I looked down and intertwined our fingers. "Maybe I'm just overreacting." He stayed quiet. "I'm not trying to break up, or take a break. I just think we should like" I pause again. "We should take space." He nodded. "If space is all you need then that's okay." He said. Red sat down with her tray. "Y'all good?" She said. "Yeah, we're fine." He answered. "Hey, I'm going to sit with Stefan today okay." He says, getting up to kiss my cheek and then left. I knew for a fact that this 'space' thing wouldn't last. We were way too attached to each other, but it was worth a try. Sometimes having too much of something you love can hurt you. Like food, drugs, alcohol and even those you love. For some reason that's just how life works. Being around someone too long can make you get annoyed with them and I didn't want that to be the reason for us to have problems.

Hope you liked it!

Vote.Comment.Follow.