19. "Hurt.."

Previously

"Laila, I love you. So damn much. I won't even lie when I say I think of you constantly. You stay on my mind 25/8 and I know it was my fault. I take the full blame of why we so damaged now. Just let me prove that I'm still yours and you're still mines and I promise that I can love your daughter like she is my own, I can't live my life without you no more." She shook her head chuckling to herself. "Keith, that's sweet and all, but no. I can't even believe you would say some shit like that. How you expect me to believe you when you already left me too many times already? I let you do that bullshit to me, but you damn sure not gonna do that shit to my daughter. She don't deserve that whatsoever. Just stay gone Keith cause all you do is disappoint yourself and me and you keep opening the wounds that never got to heal. Just go." She got up and pointed to the door. I tried to say something but she pointed at the door again. "Go, Keith. You do nothing but hurt me more. This time don't even think about me or even comin' back to me when you all Mr. Rich & Famous since you was already actin' like that. I love you so fuckin' much, but I see now we can never repair us again."

After she said that tears fell from my eyes also with hers. I wanted to hold her but she pushed me back. "Leave Keith! Fuck!" She punched me in my chest I just took it. "Just Go!" She yelled out. Her brother from earlier raced to her pulling her towards him as she cried in chest. "Bro, just go. Fuck you still standin' there for?" I wiped my eyes and walked out going to my car. I got in and started hitting the steering wheel. "Fuck man!" I yelled out in frustration.

I'm so fuckin' sorry, Laila.

Laila POV

I cried on KJ chest when Keith left. Hopefully for the finally last time. Seeing him walk away was the hardest thing I had to do, but I'm a mom now I have to be better and do better for my baby girl and my younger sisters. I have to set an example for them, the right example. I felt his lips kiss my forehead as he let me go. I wiped my eyes and kissed his cheek while standing on my tippy toes. "Thank you." I spoke softly to him. "You welcome. You think you gonna be ok?" He asked me as he moved my curls from my face. I nodded and went upstairs and laid down in my bed.

Is this all a test, God? If it is I don't think I can handle it anymore.

Keith POV

I had to accept the fact that maybe Laila is right and I have to accept it although it hurts like a bitch. When I got home I have to admit that I cried on my mama all she could do was hold and console me.

I was a broken man appearing to be that little boy that would cry when things didn't go my way all over again. I admit my faults and wrongs, but it'll never be enough.

6 Years Later

Laila POV

"Mommy! Mommy!" My 6 year old screamed out. "Just hold on, Anna." I was tryna pack as much as I could for a little road trip to Hollywood. Solange invited me. I was kinda skeptical cause I knew who was still remaining in Hollywood. But I wasn't gonna let it ruin the fun for my daughter and I. I heard feet running down the stairs. It was only my baby girl with her hair all over the place again.