12. "Gone.."

'Home used to be a special place when you was there, now that you gone it's just a empty place with furniture.'

Keith POV

After the movie was done, I decided to come back home to Sacramento. I missed my mom and Laila. I texted my manager to let him know I'll be gone. I packed my bags and booked my flight. I'm on my way home!

Laila POV

I got a weird letter in the mail the other day and I didn't know how to feel about it. It was a letter from a woman telling me she's Tisha's sister and she wanted to see me and my siblings. Like I never knew I had other family members since Tisha burned her bridges with everyone. But I guess, I can give her a chance to meet her and see if she's lying or not. But everything been going good, Maya is doing great in school, Kay is in advance classes for her age I'm proud and the boys... they gonna be them. As long they get good grades, stay outta trouble and be home to help me out I'm fine with that, but I need to talk to my brothers especially Dominic since we don't really see eye to eye right now.

I walked to his room and knocked on the door. "Come in." He said. I walked in and sat on the edge of his bed. I couldn't even look at him ever since that slap, I really couldn't look at him. He lifted my head up and hugged me. Tears fell from my eyes as I held him. "I'm so sorry. I should—" He shushed me. "Shh. It's ok. I forgive you, but you should've never got mad at me when I was speaking the truth." I sighed letting him go and looking at him. "Dom, I know, okay? Jay, got on me soon as you stormed out. I'm sorry I was being dishonest, but I'm tried to fix things between Keith and I, but he told me, he was done with me." Tears continued to fall down. He wiped my tears with his thumbs. "Just give him some time. He has to talk to you no matter what of how y'all was feeling. He just can't let go of the years y'all spent together just like that. And please tell him that your pregnant, please." I nodded. "I promise, I will. Hell, he gonna know, look how big I am now." He shook his head at me. "You're not big yet, you just have a little pudge and it's cute. But just do that for us, please?" I smiled a little and nodded. I kissed his cheek and walked out. How Ima gonna make it up to him and tell him?

Keith POV

I finally arrived home. I gave all my fam a big ass hug. I picked up my baby sis, Skylar up and gave her all my kisses making her laugh. "Keiiitthhhh!!!" She squeaked out. "I missed you!! My munch, did you miss me?" I stopped and she had to put her thinkin' face one. I started to pout then she giggled and kissed my cheek. "I missed you too, bubba. Now, can I get down now?" She just a grown little lady. I put her down and she ran out doing whatever. I felt my ma's stares I looked at her. "Yes..?" I said. "You goin' to see Laila or not, like now?" She asked.

I nodded. I might as well try to talk to her and check on her and the rest of the fam. She smiled and kissed my cheek. "Be careful and no arguments, just light conversations, okay?" I nodded again. "Yes, ma'am." I kissed her forehead took my bags to my room then left the house driving to Laila's place. I hope this is gonna be a good day for us.

Jayden POV

I was playing games with Kaylnn till I heard someone knock on the door. I paused the game and went to answer the door. "Hi, can I help you?" It was some strange woman at our door.

"Hello, is Laila here?" She is so pretty and her voice sound like an angel I was so stuck

"Hello, is Laila here?" She is so pretty and her voice sound like an angel I was so stuck. I didn't even hear Laila come in. "Hello, Jay let her in." I shook out of it. "Sorry." I moved aside and let her in. "Thank you." Laila and the pretty lady walked into the kitchen.

Renè POV

I looked around and seeing pictures of my nieces and nephews, I can't believe Tisha never meant she had beautiful children. I sat across from Laila. "I know this is unexpected, but your mom never talked to us in years, so I had to do some researching of my own." She nodded. "How old are you, Ms...?" I forgot I never told her my name. "Renè. And I'm 33 years old. I'm the second oldest of your mom's family. You have so many people that wants to meet you. I wish I got to meet you sooner, but your mom she just left and never said a word to anyone. I guess drugs and alcohol has truly ruined her life." I looked into her eyes and all I could see was pain. God, what did my sister do to these kids?

Laila POV

I couldn't help, but let a few tears roll down. Renè held my hand as she used her other one to wipe my tears with her thumb. "You don't have to explain anything to me, if you don't want to. I just want to get to know you, that's all." I nodded as I continued to shred a few more tears. I never knew I had more family then Tisha. Why would she keep them hidden from us? "Well, I'm 24 the one that opened the door is Jayden. The little brown skin girl with the bun is Kaylynn. I have two more siblings, Dominic and Maya Marie. I wish I knew of you before." She nodded. "So do I. But least we know it's better now than never. I spend the last 10 years trying to track Tisha down and I almost lost hope till I met up with an old friend. He knows you and your mom. Does the name Javier ring a bell?"

The name kinda sounds familiar, but then again Tisha had a lot of niggas in and out the house growing up. I shook my head. "Well, baby girl.... He's your uncle." What?

Keith POV

I parked the car getting out and knocked on the door. Jay opened the door letting me in. "She in the kitchen with some pretty lady." I chuckled and dapped him up. I walked to the kitchen and heard Laila. "What you mean he's my uncle? Who's my father then?" "Laila, I only know Javier. I'm sorry, but you have my number. Call me anytime. I'm here for you, even though my sister abandoned y'all." She gave her a hug and walked out. I walked in and hugged her. She hugged back. "You ok?" I asked her. She was silent. "I'm sorry for how I was acting months back. I was a asshole. If you want to talk. I'm not going nowhere. I'm here on vacation." She nodded. I let her go and sat down.

She walked to the fridge and pour us a drink. "We need to talk." She said.

Oh, God. Please be nothing bad.

Laila POV

Please don't fuck this up. I gave Keith his glass. I sat down and sipped my drink. "To be honest, I been thinking about you and I have to apologize too. Not only for telling you that you were selfish and slapping you, but not supporting you on your grind to make your dream a reality. I truly admire that Keith. I been thinking lately and I..." I instantly got stuck on my words. I'm scared to tell him. I can't tell him, not now. I know I told Dom I would, but I'm more scared of his reaction more than anything. Just tell him! If he chooses to not to be there for you and your baby least you got family who will. I cleared my throat. "Keith, I'm pregnant."

Sorry it took me a long ass time to update. But damn, finally she told him. How you think Keith is gonna react?

Thank you I love y'all!

- Luna 😘😘

Don't forget to Vote, Comment & Share.

And P.S. Happy belated birthday to Skylar. She such a cutie.