BONUS CHAPTER: 19. (Percy POV)

Percy

I am freaking out.

Backstage, I was quickly pulling off my cloak and Beast 'mask' and getting myself hooked up onto the lifting cord. In less than a minute, I was to be lifted up above the stage, back down to Annabeth, sing about how I was the Beast the entire time, and then kiss Annabeth.

Nope. Totally not having a mental breakdown.

"Percy, you look like you're hyperventilating," Grover told me as he clipped the lifting cord onto my harness. The transformation music filled my ears as it slowly reach its swell, reminding me that I needed to get lifted up like Jesus Christ now.

"Just a little nerv—"

"About Annabeth?" Grover questioned, interrupting me. "Look, she is head over heals for you. We gotta go, Beast Boy. It's almost your cue."

Slowly, but surely, I was being lifted above the stage. When the spotlight flashed on me, signifying that I had turned back into a human, the audience burst into applause, whooping loudly as I was lowered down into the ground. The next few moments passed by quickly and soon enough I found Annabeth in my arms, slowly leaning into kis—

Shit she's kissing me. Holy shit she's kissing me.

I held the kiss a little longer than I was supposed to (whoops), only getting off the stage with Annabeth until Hazel came onto the stage as a 'human'.

Nervously waiting for the finale, I continually adjusted my crown on my head. "Stop that, Percy!" Rachel chastised, smacking my hand away from the crown. "That crown will fall off your head if you keep adjusting it."

"I'm sorry!" I whisper-exclaimed. "I'm just really nervous."

Rachel raised an eyebrow. "Does this have anything to do with Annabeth?"

"No," I replied unconvincingly, keeping an eye on the stage so I wouldn't miss my cue. "Yes."

"Oh young, naive Percy," Rachel smirked, gesturing for me to walk out on stage and start singing with Annabeth. "Annabeth is so in love you with you and both of you don't even realize it."

"Why does everyone keep saying that?" I questioned.

"Because she is, you idiot," Rachel laughed, pointing on the stage. "Now go, it's your cue."

As I walked onto the stage, Rachel's words kept playing in my mind. Could I just be oblivious, like everyone said? Or could everyone just be misinterpreting everything that's been happening between Annabeth and I?

When the final notes began to play, I made a decision. Annabeth might beat the crap out of my backstage for this, but I needed to know if she felt something too. When the chorus sang the final chord, I leaned down and kissed her, shocking not only Annabeth but the entire cast and crew. That kiss was not in the script.

Oh man I hope she doesn't kill me for this.

•••

I leaned against the wall outside of the girls dressing room, waiting for Annabeth to finish changing out of her Belle outfit. Piper and Hazel pushed open the door, walked out, and noticed me leaning against the wall.

Piper walked over, a look of shock on her face, and exclaimed, "That wasn't in the script, you idiot!"

"Don't kill me!" I yelped, ducking away from Piper. "I think Annabeth is already going too."

"I don't think she is." Hazel lowered her voice, making sure Annabeth wasn't going to walk through the door. "I actually think she's secretly happy."